First Time | Chicken Hens

montanafarmlife

Chirping
Sep 11, 2019
Montana
My Coop
My Coop
Order chickens online they said. It will be fun they said…

So we did.

We went to craigslist and ordered six starter pullet hens of two different varieties. Three Light Brahmas and three Barred Rock hens. We got our coop cleared of wasp, and set up an electric fence around the perimeter of the coop with plenty of space for the hens to graze. Below is a picture of the setup before the hens arrived. In my opinion our setup was pretty good, and we were confident in ordering some chickens and harvesting some eggs - unfortunately things don’t always go according to plan and we made a few costly mistakes.

Read more here:

https://montanafarmlife.com/blog/raising-hens

smiley hello.gif

What a beautiful looking place you have! Thanks for joining and best of luck with your chicken adventures.

Hey der!! Welcome to the greatest place in social media :lol:... great story and a lovely coop! Looks like you are headed in the right direction.. enjoy the best part of chickens... breakfast!! And chicken hugs.. of course ;)
You are so kind! Thank you so much for the note and lovely introduction. The eggs are THE best and make it all worth it...plus the chickens are quite adorable ;)

Back
Top Bottom