First Time Egg Candler Scared!

I'm so excited!!! Thanks for asking! I took them off the rotating tray and whispered hello to the eggs... and I heard peeping from the Araucana!!!! I might not sleep tonight!

I didn't sleep last night still have one live EE egg just went out to check on it. I've always heard Araucana's are hard to hatch so I wouldn't sleep either. got to sleep tonight good luck.

yup... my first batch to hatch and 5 of the 9 Araucanas were "quitters' and 1 a "yolkier". I'm crossing my fingers for this little one! I can't thank you enough of roosting back so I don't feel alone! The rest of the house is snoring away here in Florida at nearly midnight!!!

I have been on a 10 day road trip with my family and we had a great time. I can't believe how much everything grew in 10 days. I will get some pics and update soon. The Cornish X doubled in size.

Started my incubator before I left my house yesterday morning. Humidity in the house was like 65% but the bator was staying around 32% so I'm happy. Now if the lady would just email me again and let me know when I can come get eggs!
How is the hatch coming along? I have 5 eggs on lockdown from a barnyard mix. I'm using them to test my new DIY incubator.

Cole, how are your 3 doing now?

I took these last night of Psycho Chick... she (or he) is 4-1/2 weeks old.

Super cute!

Here's another pic of them sitting on the couch with me... Cole, post some pics of your silkies!

You folks need to stop! I can't get anymore chickens right now and I need a couple of these.

How is the hatch coming along? I have 5 eggs on lockdown from a barnyard mix. I'm using them to test my new DIY incubator.

Super cute!

You folks need to stop! I can't get anymore chickens right now and I need a couple of these.

Lockdown? New DIY bator? You've been holding out on us... or I haven't paid very close attention...
wink.png

I didn't get the original eggs that I was hoping for, but got some on Memorial Day, so its day 8. Started with 14 bantam cochin, 4 d'uccle and 5 polish. I got them from a young gal about a half hour from my house. Unfortunately, it seems her roo isn't keeping up! After last night's candle, 7 of the cochin are clear, 2 of the d'uccle are clear and 1 polish is clear. 2 other polish appear to have started but probably stopped, don't see much movement and the veins are thin. But I'm leaving them for a while. Also one cochin looks weak but everything else seems to be developing well. I think these will be my final incubation (at least for this year... I hope I can contain myself!). Chicken math hits hard... lol

Lockdown? New DIY bator? You've been holding out on us... or I haven't paid very close attention...
wink.png

I didn't get the original eggs that I was hoping for, but got some on Memorial Day, so its day 8. Started with 14 bantam cochin, 4 d'uccle and 5 polish. I got them from a young gal about a half hour from my house. Unfortunately, it seems her roo isn't keeping up! After last night's candle, 7 of the cochin are clear, 2 of the d'uccle are clear and 1 polish is clear. 2 other polish appear to have started but probably stopped, don't see much movement and the veins are thin. But I'm leaving them for a while. Also one cochin looks weak but everything else seems to be developing well. I think these will be my final incubation (at least for this year... I hope I can contain myself!). Chicken math hits hard... lol
He's been going incognito on us....lol

Back
Top Bottom