First Time Egg Candler Scared!

HELP!!!!! Did float test, the egg is moving!!!!!! Now what??? Should I assit?
I made a small whole in the shell, the inner membrane was wrapped tight around him, half dried out, I tried to put a little whole in it and it started bleeding. I wrapped it in a paper towel and upped the humidity. I swear I thought this egg was dead! Did I screw up big time??? Can I save him???

HELP!!!!! Did float test, the egg is moving!!!!!! Now what??? Should I assit?

Put it back in the incubator and wait! Should be no more than a couple of days for results.

I agree, put it back and wait. I really wanted to say there was a chance it was alive... that's why I asked fluid or empty, and said wait for the wiggle. After you said it was empty, I actually had typed there was a chance it was alive, but then erased it. Didn't want to give false hope, nor look stupid lol. But I sure hope it hatches for you!!

I made a small whole in the shell, the inner membrane was wrapped tight around him, half dried out, I tried to put a little whole in it and it started bleeding. I wrapped it in a paper towel and upped the humidity. I swear I thought this egg was dead! Did I screw up big time??? Can I save him???

Well, you may have to help more now, but that's above my pay grade lol. Did you read the assisting thread by Sally Sunshine?

I am going to wait. It is still day 20.If I dont see anything happening on day 22 I will post back. Maybe when I wake up I will have a chick!

I agree, put it back and wait. I really wanted to say there was a chance it was alive... that's why I asked fluid or empty, and said wait for the wiggle. After you said it was empty, I actually had typed there was a chance it was alive, but then erased it. Didn't want to give false hope, nor look stupid lol. But I sure hope it hatches for you!!
You wouldn't have looked stupid. I told her there was a chance. I had two that had the same appearance prior to hatching and they hatched out fine. I was pretty sure that egg was in advanced developement. I'm hoping for a miracle too!! I'd love to see her/him prove everyone wrong...lol

I am going to wait. It is still day 20.If I dont see anything happening on day 22 I will post back. Maybe when I wake up I will have a chick!
Hopefully you will. Here's the deal though, even if day 21 rolls around and no pips, there's not much you can do that is going to "save" the chicks. When someone goes in before a chick has even pipped will almost inevetibly end badly and here's why: The chick is not ready. The chick's vascular system between egg and chick does not shut down completely until HOURS after the chick has made the external pip. Trying to help before this process is complete, carries the probability of making the chick bleed out w/in a matter of a couple of minutes. Any chance that the chick had of hatching on it's own, (even if a bit late) is then taken away from it. We can't save them all, and a chick that hasn't even pipped seldom is going to survive an assist.

Well, you may have to help more now, but that's above my pay grade lol.  Did you read the assisting thread by Sally Sunshine?
Yes, I've actually read it several times, in fear that something like this would happen! He's laying weird in the egg, not in proper position but kinda laying sideways filling up the whole side of the egg, instead of the bottom. The membrane is shriveled up in some place, didnt look like any blood but when I made the small whole it started bleeding. Not a lot but some. I really, really hope this guy pulls through! Pray for him guys!

Yes, I've actually read it several times, in fear that something like this would happen! He's laying weird in the egg, not in proper position but kinda laying sideways filling up the whole side of the egg, instead of the bottom. The membrane is shriveled up in some place, didnt look like any blood but when I made the small whole it started bleeding. Not a lot but some. I really, really hope this guy pulls through! Pray for him guys!

Did you dampen all of the exposed membrane? If not, you should probably do that with a q-tip or your finger, carefully. You don't want it to dry out any more. Remind me what else is going on in the bator? Is this the last egg?

Okay here is the wash tub I loaded it with 41 eggs last night at 11pm. since my wife wouldn't let me hatch on the dresser in the bed room this year I had to build a cabinet to put all this stuff in. I had to protect it from the cold and heat . some of you will know what this means I have more than a little Fred Sanford in me . even better customers are always paying me to bring things home so all I paid for was screws to build the cabinet . but it works you don't how much I wish I had know about the BYC before I bought my incubators From TSC don't ever buy one there.

Back
Top Bottom