First Time Hatching....Round 2

Hey, if it's not too late to join this thread, i 'd like to put my 2 cents in! Just finished my frst hatch:

Used a Brinsea eco 20 with automatic turner
set 24 barnyard mix eggs from my own flock on friday 2/25
5 were infertile found during candling
19 went into lockdown on Tues 3/15
got 18/19 to hatch
smile.png

I am very happy with the results!!!
I put an ad on craig's list to sell the chicks ( or at least most of them), becasue I am getting 31 chicks from Murray Mc Murray on Monday or tuesday. A lady is coming to pick up 10 of them this am.

Call me crazy,
ep.gif
, but I am reloading the incubator today with
as many banty eggs ( bought on ebay, and sent through the mail
fl.gif
Bought from 2 separate sellers--one had NO breakage, the other 5!! A big factor HAD to be the packaging) as I can stuff in along with some more barnyard mixes. I am going to stack them, since others have had successs doing that!
I am also waiting until my DH goes to work, so he won't think I am even crazier than he already suspects!

SO GOOD LUCK TO ALL US SECOND TIMERS!

Last edited:
my shipped bbs orpington's just went into the incubator
all eggs were shipped, ten from florida, twelve from georgia
looking forward to having some more hatching in about three weeks
come on babies!

I have 25 BSL eggs in the bator set this past Wednesday, hatch date April 6th. I will add more on Monday when I remove 16 eggs that go into lockdown. I've got a separate hatcher. You're a few days behind me sounds like, latebloomer.

Quote:
I do... hatch date on or around 4/5.

And I have a friend who wants me to hatch some for her so I am looking for more eggs for round 3 when this one is done... I think I am officially addicted to hatching and my dear hubby thinks I am NUTS!

demp4, how do you like your speckled sussex? I've got some chicks ordered from Cackle Hatchery that will be here the same day as mine hatch. I just love their beautiful coloring!

wwws
Quote:
I am putting my eggs in the incubator this afternoon. I am very excited to use my new incubator. They will be due to hatch April 9th. This time I planned it for a Saturday so I could be home when most of the hatching takes place. I am also going to be very careful with my humidity, as I think I had it too high for the first hatch and that is why it was not very successful. I had bought some Black Copper Marans eggs from Ebay and I only had one hatch (and that chick doesn't really look like the pictures of FBCM chicks, LOL).

I got some very good looking (and very well packed) Blue and Blue Splash Marans eggs from Ebay, and some not as good looking standard Cochin eggs in a variety of colors. I have had them resting since yesterday and have had the bator going since then also. I think I am as ready as I am gonna get!

If these chicks don't hatch, I give up on Ebay eggs and will just buy me some chicks in the breed I want and hatch my own eggs next year. I did give up on hatching the FBCMs and I have chicks coming in the mail today .. I sure hope they are ok when they get here! I will have my own FBCM eggs next spring!

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

with you on the ninth KZ

with the others hatching on the fourth and fifth it's going to be hard for me not to wish i wasn't later than that

put mine in about six-thirty this morning
strangely the humidity jumped up into the nineties
i caught it after a few minutes
hope that won't be an issue

Last edited:
any of your chicks having foamy poo?

one of mine is, i added apple cider vinegar to their water
but it's still occurring

and apparently my girls (i hope) seem to be determined to fly
they're giving it a go anyway

Back
Top Bottom