First time Hatching

DarkWolf29805

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 12, 2009
Aiken, SC
I am hatching my first set of eggs and man how lucky am I. I didn't even time this but they are hatching today Easter! I am so thrilled by this that I had to share it with you guys. I learned all I needed to know about my chicken from reading your posts. THANKS... I will post pics when all the eggs are done..

Go Babies Go!!!!!
jumpy.gif

Congrats!

its my 1st time hatching too and i've found the people and posts on this site bloody marvelous.. so handy..

I'm on the 1st day of the 3 day wait.. fingers crossed.

I'm glad everythings gone well!!

I almost forgot to let you guys know what kind of chicks I have. All of my females are Delawares, Orpington/New Hampshire Red, and Silverlace wyandottes. My Roosters are 1 Orpington/New Hampshire Red, 1 Delaware, and 2 Black Tailed White Japanese Bantams.I am hoping for some interesting offspring. My Main rooster is the orpington and he is gorgeous. Pics to come.

How about that, another Aikenite! That makes 3 of us...

Chicks look good - pat yourself on the back. Hope you have a big brooder waiting. That aquarium will get small, real fast.

And is that gravel I see under their feet. Great choice, simply great.

Last edited:
I am planning on moving them to a bigger tank in about two weeks. The bedding is ground up corn husks. I had 2 duds and 2 died right after birth and one has deformed legs. Don't know what to do with him. He can't walk to good but he hops to the food and water. He seems healthy other wise. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom