First time incubating Silkie eggs. Candling pics and embryo movement video.

Oh yay! So glad to hear your bf had some hatch! I bet he's stoked! And you too! Congrats!

Thank you for the advice, adjusting down to 30 now. Will just monitor air cells weekly the next 2 weekly candles and adjust accordingly. Candeling more if needed prior to lockdown. Good advice, thanks!

Do you run dry at hatch, also, typically?

I know 1 that never pipped didn't absorb the yolk but was totally developed. The other was developed also, pretty sure yolk was absorbed ...I think couldn't pip all the way through but would of into the side, not the air cell. So I think it may of pipped membrane and drown or just quit. All were alive at lockdown. Super sad. I didn't look super close but kind of cause if it's something I can do different, want to do that of course. But it was too hard to look too close, for me. The 3 that made it, none pipped into the air cell. All were positioned wrong and didn't make progress after pip for like 24 plus hours and were peeping. I know a lot of people won't help but I'm glad I did. And even more glad it was successful helping and didn't end sad... and that they're healthy and strong little busy babies.

Thank you for sending links. I guess I should make a Facebook just to find silkie breeders. Lol. I tried to look her(?) up as I really want blue creams (and lavenders too) but couldn't find her. So thanks, looking forward to seeing her birds... And others you might send too.

PS. How do you turn after 3 days? Still keep upright or do you lay down? Self turn or auto?

My bators a lay down with auto turner. So right now I have them upright, slight tilt, very slight ... in cardboard egg carton rows with the bottoms cut out. Not using the turner of course.

Back
Top Bottom