First time incubator hatch

Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

Moving the chick to a brooder won't stop it from being mad. I personally would leave it. And probably ask a few more questions..

So you are on day 19 and this chick is fully hatched, fluffed, and bumping into other eggs? Does your incubator have a fan? Did you move the eggs to different places in the incubator throughout incubation? How many thermometers did you use?

moved baby to brooder, she is pecking at food and water, increased humidity in incubator, not hearing peeping and no pipping, no holes in eggs and now afraid chicks are shrink wrapped.... i have the farm innovations incubator with fan and egg turner, moved eggs to mesh and took out egg turner.
I would just keep the humidity up. If that chick hatched on day 19, it indicates that you may have had some temperature issues.

I believe shrink wrapping is more of an issue after the chicks have externally pipped and have a sudden drop in humidity (like when removing other chicks). If you removed the first chick quickly and didn't see any other pips... I don't suspect shrink wrapping as a cause of not hatching. I'm not 100% sure but I think even shrink wrapped chicks would still be peeping and rocking in their eggs.

Are these form your own birds, or shipped? Did you candle before locking down at day 18?

I would just keep the humidity up. If that chick hatched on day 19, it indicates that you may have had some temperature issues.

I believe shrink wrapping is more of an issue after the chicks have externally pipped and have a sudden drop in humidity (like when removing other chicks). If you removed the first chick quickly and didn't see any other pips... I don't suspect shrink wrapping as a cause of not hatching. I'm not 100% sure but I think even shrink wrapped chicks would still be peeping and rocking in their eggs.

Are these form your own birds, or shipped? Did you candle before locking down at day 18?
Yes from my own pair, yes candled before lockdown,picture is Romeo and Juliet, 7th generation.

Attachments

• IMG_20180120_091106.jpg
    IMG_20180120_091106.jpg
    795.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20180120_084359.jpg
    IMG_20180120_084359.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 5
What a little cutie! :love

Mind if I ask what you feed? Not that I think it's your issue, but just as conversation since I have done tons of hatching research in the recent past.
the adults get all flock feed, greens,grains,mealworms from the barn,whatever they catch. her last brood (10 out of 12 hatched only 3 girls) the person who bought the babies (5 months old and over a foot tall) was a poultry judge and he spent an hour inspecting each kid....said i was doing everything right! chicks get chick starter...my little one now is already eating and drinking.

Back
Top Bottom