First time incubator hatch

Temp is 100,humidity middle 50's,have wiggly eggs! Watching closely
Mid 50's would be uncomfortable for ME.

I use a straw poked through one of holes to add extra humidity. That being said, depending on what type of hygrometer you are using sometimes it's location alters the reading as well. I have learned how much humidity makes how much condensation on my top window and now use that as a major guideline. But will probably get better hygrometer equipment in the future.

:wee Come on babies!! :jumpy :jumpy

The first day DOES count as day 1... but it's so easy to mix things up. The easiest way for me to know if I mixed it up or not... is they SHOULD hatch on the SAME day they were set. So Saturday set eggs should be hatched by the end of the 3rd Saturday.

:fl :pop

I am confused and baffled, this chick came from my light Brahma Juliet and her husband Romeo, no feathered feet

Attachments

• IMG_20180120_174545.jpg
    IMG_20180120_174545.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 3
I am confused and baffled, this chick came from my light Brahma Juliet and her husband Romeo, no feathered feet
It happens... If your sure you haven't had any accidental matings... undesirable traits not SEEN in the parent stock do indeed happen unfortunately. 7/9 chicks I hatched were male... 1 of the only 2 females didn't have the feathered Marans legs. :he

Not even the best selected parents will put off 100% equal quality birds. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom