First time incubator hatch

Nice looking birds, a beautiful couple!

So just brain storming and learning, not at all pointing finger to say you did anything wrong...

7th generation... depending on selection... could be seeing an decrease in hatchability. A very common issue if inbreeding has been done too closely for too long.

Sometimes when I lock down I can see clear differences in some that are closer to ready than others. So I do take that into consideration if their seems to be early or delayed hatches. Sometimes the auto turners can produce heat making the eggs near the motor develop faster. Moving your eggs to a new location in the incubator every so often (I did daily in mine with no fan or turner and at candle with my fan & turner one).

So just brain storming and learning, not at all pointing finger to say you did anything wrong...

7th generation... depending on selection... could be seeing an decrease in hatchability. A very common issue if inbreeding has been done too closely for too long.

Sometimes when I lock down I can see clear differences in some that are closer to ready than others. So I do take that into consideration if their seems to be early or delayed hatches. Sometimes the auto turners can produce heat making the eggs near the motor develop faster. Moving your eggs to a new location in the incubator every so often (I did daily in mine with no fan or turner and at candle with my fan & turner one).

I did notice that the turner produced some heat so did not place eggs near it.

the adults get all flock feed, greens,grains,mealworms from the barn,whatever they catch. her last brood (10 out of 12 hatched only 3 girls) the person who bought the babies (5 months old and over a foot tall) was a poultry judge and he spent an hour inspecting each kid....said i was doing everything right! chicks get chick starter...my little one now is already eating and drinking.
So you have hatched before, just not in this incubator? What are Romeo and Juliets' current age?

One of my favorite hatching resources... including diagnosing failures... (page 51)..
http://www.hubbardbreeders.com/media/incubation_guide_english__030374800_0945_07012015.pdf

Back
Top Bottom