First try with incubator set 6/16/11 LOCKDOWN!!! Update 1st post

I candled my eggs this weekend and it looks like I have growth in 29 out of the 31 eggs
smile.png

I did keep the other two in there to the side just in case because they didn't smell yet. Will candle again early next week and the duds will come out then!

Looks like I'm going to have a poor hatch. 50% of the Barnevelders are clear and I only saw development in 1 of the Ameraucanas. The blue eggs are real hard to see into so I kept them in for now, pretty bummed.

Well, I've found out that I am horrible at candling. So, I'll probably end up keeping all of the eggs. I just hope the sniff test will be enough to head off any stink explosions.
sickbyc.gif

Just letting all of you know that I'm going into lockdown! Thanks to the wonderful people on here I found out just in time that Bantams hatch earlier than LF. I hope that all of you have wonderful hatches!!
fl.gif

Well after candling last night, it looks as if I only have one out of 5 that are continuing to develop. However, none stink and I will do a daily sniff check and candle again next week. I would be happy with one...but I would have been a whole lot happier with 5
hmm.png

I ll try to watch ya, don't really know how to use this site fast enough yet. I am on my 4th try, got one chick and it was hugh and died / way threw the hatch. Kept him in the freezer until everyonce made me get rid of him. Maybe this time I can show a really baby bird(chicken)

I have 2 shakers
celebrate.gif
I have not done the final candling yet, i'll do that when I go into lock down tomorrow. I have to go out of state tomorrow so I hope the shakers don't pip early.

Back
Top Bottom