Okay, I get it!:lau🤣

Of course, your welcome I love Pitbulls so much! It is a pitty right?
:lau sorry! Wasn’t trying to be a jerk :oops: you can call it whatever you want! Lol I was just very confused!!! 😂🤣🙈

And he’s a rescue mix hahah lots of different breeds 😂🤣 he does have a pretty good amount of pit in him though as well as Am Staff, Lab, hound, beagle, boxer, and bulldog hahah

I believe the Embark more so that’s what I go by but here’s his tests hahah

DB13280F-9A35-4D57-A269-D77597779084.jpeg
4F2151B2-6183-43C9-8BB3-B362E889E1E8.png
64A2E263-B1FE-437D-B9F3-0572D38E44C0.png
B4A961C1-57F2-4ED3-B850-7F7EE3E9C8B0.png

Kind of funny that they get different breeds!

Any test you look at, though, he looks like a happy puppy!
Yeah it’s weird! Although they turned out pretty similar breeds still. I believe Am Staff and APBT are basically the same breed these days and very genetically similar which is why one test had one and the other had another, hard to be sure since they’re similar enough, and I think hounds are very similar too so I figured they couldn’t narrow it down or tell exactly which hahah but basically the same except different percentages like 8 vs 14 percent boxer haha it is funny. Wouldn’t have guessed JRT or poodle hahah I actually thought they’d be a lot more different than they were which does sometimes happen.

But yeah, I like to think he is! :love

Yeah it’s weird! Although they turned out pretty similar breeds still. I believe Am Staff and APBT are basically the same breed these days and very genetically similar which is why one test had one and the other had another, hard to be sure since they’re similar enough, and I think hounds are very similar too so I figured they couldn’t narrow it down or tell exactly which hahah but basically the same except different percentages like 8 vs 14 percent boxer haha it is funny. Wouldn’t have guessed JRT or poodle hahah I actually thought they’d be a lot more different than they were which does sometimes happen.

But yeah, I like to think he is! :love
At one point in time, APBT and AmStaffs were the same. When AKC closed their stud book to APBTs is when they started changing. Each breed then went in different directions.

At one point in time, APBT and AmStaffs were the same. When AKC closed their stud book to APBTs is when they started changing. Each breed then went in different directions.
Ahhh okay that makes sense! Thanks! I’m guessing they didn’t close the books too long ago? And so genetically they’re probably still the same or at least very close despite being different phenotypically now? Which is why the results were different?

They're pretty close genetically but they do have pretty different temperments. AM staffs leaned more towards conformation dogs, the APBTS leaned more towards working dogs. Making the split off of the two breeds result in very different dogs.
Yeah that makes sense! Kinda like how there’s big splits in some breeds now like with working vs show Labs or even Goldens. Some of the working spaniels I’ve seen it’s even more drastic. Soooo much smaller and energetic and totally different look. At least the others still mostly look like the breed haha border collies are another huge one I’ve heard. Sooo different. Most herding and sporting breeds really. And GSD are way too confusing with all the dang lines.

Anyway, long story short, I totally get it because I see it happening even now. I wish it wouldn’t and people would breed for both buttttt…

It’s interesting though that the dominant breed is different on each cause I’m curious which personality he’s gonna have hahah since they’re different.

Though he’s quite driven lol

Ahhh okay that makes sense! Thanks! I’m guessing they didn’t close the books too long ago? And so genetically they’re probably still the same or at least very close despite being different phenotypically now? Which is why the results were different?
It was quite a while ago actually. Can't remember the year. Would have to look it up.

Back
Top Bottom