I have two tanks: a 20 gallon community tank, and a 5 gallon betta tank. The only fish in my community tank that has a name is my clown pleco, President Bongo. I have had him for about 2 1/2 years. My betta's name is Mooki, and I've had him for a little over 2 years as well.

Whoa! Just caught a glimpse of the black one and he’s now black on top with like gold/yellow on the sides but like not a smooth stripe, almost patchy/mottled. I couldn’t get a good pic though. But it was like yellow/gold not bright orange like the others. So cool. I know goldfish do eventually turn orange, one of the big ones did that, but he took years to turn not two months. There must be really good nutrition in that pond or something. 😱

I have two tanks: a 20 gallon community tank, and a 5 gallon betta tank. The only fish in my community tank that has a name is my clown pleco, President Bongo. I have had him for about 2 1/2 years. My betta's name is Mooki, and I've had him for a little over 2 years as well.
Awesome!!! 2 years!? Wow that’s amazing! I can never seem to keep my bettas alive for more than like 6-12 months 😭

We have one gray Dojo loach, two Black Moors, and two calico goldfish. They're currently in a 55 gallon tank. We've been toying with the idea of getting a 75 gallon tank and having it professionally set up, so that we can get a friend for our loach and a couple more fish. I've heard pros and cons about the bigger tank....but that it is easier because you don't have to clean it as often? Anyone have any comments?

Feeder goldfish can get really big. My mom had one that got as big as her hand! An fgf can be the best .39¢ you could ever spend!

After my snailpocalypse of 2019, I haven’t had another fish tank. We do have two above ground pools for our turtle. One in the yard and one in the basement, both have capacity of ~1k gallons. The one in the basement is full of the feeder goldfish and crayfish from last year. The one in the yard has a few new feeder goldfish and minnows to eat bugs. The ponds aren’t pretty this year because I finally realized the turtle doesn’t care lol. So it very little work after setup. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to tanks again.

Attachments

• 3CD85411-FE48-45E4-8BD8-3CC504FEB1F3.jpeg
    3CD85411-FE48-45E4-8BD8-3CC504FEB1F3.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 3
  • 659AFF21-0857-4DE1-A1FB-AA710568A18B.jpeg
    659AFF21-0857-4DE1-A1FB-AA710568A18B.jpeg
    473.7 KB · Views: 3
  • BA7C286B-D032-4BBB-9DC4-484C6B9784E9.jpeg
    BA7C286B-D032-4BBB-9DC4-484C6B9784E9.jpeg
    406.8 KB · Views: 4
Feeder goldfish can get really big. My mom had one that got as big as her hand! An fgf can be the best .39¢ you could ever spend!

After my snailpocalypse of 2019, I haven’t had another fish tank. We do have two above ground pools for our turtle. One in the yard and one in the basement, both have capacity of ~1k gallons. The one in the basement is full of the feeder goldfish and crayfish from last year. The one in the yard has a few new feeder goldfish and minnows to eat bugs. The ponds aren’t pretty this year because I finally realized the turtle doesn’t care lol. So it very little work after setup. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to tanks again.
Ok, I lied. I’m thinking of getting a betta (m) and putting him in 10-20 gal tank. They’re like little fish dogs ☺️☺️☺️. Any thoughts on whether to go with a bigger tank? I wouldn’t want any tank mates beyond the chillest pleco ever. Also, has anyone tried plastic tanks?

Ok, I lied. I’m thinking of getting a betta (m) and putting him in 10-20 gal tank. They’re like little fish dogs ☺️☺️☺️. Any thoughts on whether to go with a bigger tank? I wouldn’t want any tank mates beyond the chillest pleco ever. Also, has anyone tried plastic tanks?

10-20 gallons is perfect for a betta. I would do 20-40 if you want tankmates though.
For the pleco, I don't know if that's a good idea. The pleco isn't the problem, it's the betta. They are very territorial. You could try, but just be ready to separate them. You might also have more success if you get a female betta.
I prefer glass tanks, because plastic can scratch easily.

We have one gray Dojo loach, two Black Moors, and two calico goldfish. They're currently in a 55 gallon tank. We've been toying with the idea of getting a 75 gallon tank and having it professionally set up, so that we can get a friend for our loach and a couple more fish. I've heard pros and cons about the bigger tank....but that it is easier because you don't have to clean it as often? Anyone have any comments?

The bigger the tank, the more stable the parameters will be. It will also take longer for problems like equipment malfunctions, ammonia spikes, etc. to become a serious problem. The only thing is that you will need more water for water changes (could be a problem if you have well water), and they take longer to do.

Back
Top Bottom