Pics
Y'know, I've heard that but never experienced it. Mine have never had torn up fins unless it was from another fish.
BUT, I have several tanks, and like a natural look. So even though I have both plastic plants and lava stone, sooner than later I have a fine fringe of algae or java moss growing on them, which softens them up. So if you have more than one tank, put your plants or lava stone in a different, well lit one and let nature take it's course, then move them to your betta tank when they're grown out.

Oh, and for food and supplies? Kens Fish. It has a website, coupons and regular sales.
That’s a great idea! Thanks! I never thought of that! I’ll have to try it. With mine I had all this weird webby stuff growing all over everything 😭

And I’ll have to look there!! Thanks!

I don’t have any inside fish atm but if I do get them again I’ll do that 😊

I remembered the name of the food since it was on that website. It’s called Bug Bites. I think it’s by Fluval but idk. On the container, the Bug Bites part is the most obvious part anyway hahah but mine loved it and refused to eat anything else 😂🤣

I think that goldfish get to big. Maybe a female betta for the top, 9ish neon tetras in the middle, and a cory or two on the bottom?
Cardinal tetras would be better- they prefer warmer water (77-80F) like bettas. Cories shoal, so it’s generally good to get a group of them when you have the space in your tank. Make sure to find a type of cory that also prefers warmer temps.

Cardinal tetras would be better- they prefer warmer water (77-80F) like bettas. Cories shoal, so it’s generally good to get a group of them when you have the space in your tank. Make sure to find a type of cory that also prefers warmer temps.
The cories at the pet store are warm water so should be good. No cardinal tetras, though- it's mostly variations of skirts, neons, and red minors. And a bunch of GloFish ones that are neon and gross looking.

The cories at the pet store are warm water so should be good. No cardinal tetras, though- it's mostly variations of skirts, neons, and red minors. And a bunch of GloFish ones that are neon and gross looking.
Cardinals are same as neons expect the red stripe is continuous.
Very cool little fish. They're actually more hardy than neons.
I have 26 neons in a tank.
Beautiful fish!

Back
Top Bottom