I kinda splurged and got myself a new tank for Christmas, a Coralife Biocube 32. It's definitely going to be a long-term project, I want to do all live plants, several snails and shrimp, and kinds of fish I haven't kept before. And this is of course after/while I get the new betta spawning setup going. It'll give me something to waste my money on, anyway :p. For now I need to do some rearranging with the guinea pig cages and cat towers in my living room to get the space clear that I'll need for the stand.
That great! Let me know betta spawning goes. I wouldn’t mind breeding a couple bettas down the line.

@cluckingheck, he looks nice!

Although I prefer blues and reds in my opinion. :p
Aw, but look at how pretty he is! I sent a picture of him to my brother and all he said was calico, so that’s his name now. I asked the employee at the store if the date on his cup was when his batch was hatched or the date they got them in ( 9/20 ) and he said they just got them in the day before. So, this little guy could be around 3 months old?
AF2780C3-DBF2-4271-8189-E2CBEC257E83.jpeg
B091EE43-9A45-408C-A8FE-5BDA3AD33E39.jpeg
CB675785-3C81-4744-AAEB-D0F151399ABF.jpeg
8D97226A-7C26-4A79-BB5A-82827A4141FF.jpeg
3A47A43D-2D0F-4952-AFA5-7D5BEF5F42F7.jpeg

Aw, but look at how pretty he is! I sent a picture of him to my brother and all he said was calico, so that’s his name now. I asked the employee at the store if the date on his cup was when his batch was hatched or the date they got them in ( 9/20 ) and he said they just got them in the day before. So, this little guy could be around 3 months old? View attachment 2933430View attachment 2933431View attachment 2933432View attachment 2933433View attachment 2933434
Ooh! These photos compliment him way more! :eek:Reminds me of fall colors.
Calico works! I love calico anything.

Oh yeah, how do those houses I see in the tank work? Are they aquarium pots?

Last edited:
Aw, but look at how pretty he is! I sent a picture of him to my brother and all he said was calico, so that’s his name now. I asked the employee at the store if the date on his cup was when his batch was hatched or the date they got them in ( 9/20 ) and he said they just got them in the day before. So, this little guy could be around 3 months old? View attachment 2933430View attachment 2933431View attachment 2933432View attachment 2933433View attachment 2933434
How big is he? When I got my little squirt, Tramp, he was as small as a neon Tetra. If he is less than an inch or two, than I guess he is under 6 months, as bettas are fully mature at 6 months.

Found this neat chart. 😁 I hope it helps in some way.
6E970469-42DD-416F-9C97-BDBDCABD773E.jpeg

@CrazyCochin I've only had luck with blue veiltails so far, so I'll probably be sticking with those for breeding and showing :p. Might try something else if I find a pair that catches my eye but we'll see. I also need to get the worm cultures going again, and figure out a better system for tending to them so I don't forget them again...

How big is he? When I got my little squirt, Tramp, he was as small as a neon Tetra. If he is less than an inch or two, than I guess he is under 6 months, as bettas are fully mature at 6 months.

Found this neat chart. 😁 I hope it helps in some way.View attachment 2933435
i couldn’t tell you how long he is, but he’s definitely tiny. Smaller than Rascal is at any rate and the otos are about the same length/little longer than him. Little guy is already flaring when I put a mirror up to him but his beard is see-through, so it’s hard to tell he’s even doing it lol.

Back
Top Bottom