I used to have a massive quantity of anacharis, but it slowly faded away after quite a few years and I could never grow it quite the same again. The bigger goldfish always gobbled it up too, so that didn't help.

I added some Pothos, or Devil's ivy to my tanks a few years ago, and boy did it take off. It's not planted in the water. It's suspended so the roots are in the water and the leaves are above. It's supposed to keep the nitrate levels down. It likes it warmer and does better in my tropical tank, but is still thriving in my fancy goldfish tank.

I used to have a massive quantity of anacharis, but it slowly faded away after quite a few years and I could never grow it quite the same again. The bigger goldfish always gobbled it up too, so that didn't help.

I added some Pothos, or Devil's ivy to my tanks a few years ago, and boy did it take off. It's not planted in the water. It's suspended so the roots are in the water and the leaves are above. It's supposed to keep the nitrate levels down. It likes it warmer and does better in my tropical tank, but is still thriving in my fancy goldfish tank.
That’s awesome!! I want a planted tank so bad lol

I personally prefer floating plants to using pathos, I like the look more, and it serves the same function

I went to a fish shop and a petshop yesterday just to look at the bettas. I had no intentions of getting any because my tank is not set up yet and I can't set it up for probably 2 weeks.
Even at the fish shop the selection wasn't spectacular :hmm Neither had plakats either which I think I'd rather get again over getting one of the longfin ones.

I went to a fish shop and a petshop yesterday just to look at the bettas. I had no intentions of getting any because my tank is not set up yet and I can't set it up for probably 2 weeks.
Even at the fish shop the selection wasn't spectacular :hmm Neither had plakats either which I think I'd rather get again over getting one of the longfin ones.

I like HMPK's over normal plakats more. I do like CT however, don't know if I'd get another ever

I like HMPK's over normal plakats more. I do like CT however, don't know if I'd get another ever
I don't actually know a whole heap about bettas so I am not sure if Harley was a HMPK :p
I've only ever had the one betta so I am pretty sure he has heavily influenced my preferences, and also set my expectations for looks very high :D
Most of the fish I saw yesterday were CT.

I don't actually know a whole heap about bettas so I am not sure if Harley was a HMPK :p
I've only ever had the one betta so I am pretty sure he has heavily influenced my preferences, and also set my expectations for looks very high :D
Most of the fish I saw yesterday were CT.

The only fish I've ever kept are bettas, so while I don't really know a ton, it's the one I know the most out of them all. Goldfish too, but that's just because I've splurged on Solid Gold Aquatics for the longest time. I've never had any type of marble betta, but i would like a koi or a nemo at some point. The bulk of my furniture fish will hopefully be HMPK

Back
Top Bottom