Yet another update: I'm expecting Blue to pass within the next 24 hours, and it's honestly taking longer than I expected. As for the new stocking, it's still between a pair of sparkling gourami, some male guppies or endlers, or some golden white clouds
I know how hard is knowing they're gonna die and having to wait, Harley went off his food and that's when I knew he wasn't coming back a second time.

I still haven't decided what I'm doing with mine, I really do want another betta but I don't want it to die on me so soon again.

The Aquaball started making grinding noises so I tried unplugging then plugging it back in, no change. I pulled it out of the tank and will disassemble it next weekend to see if I can fix the issue. Until then the 29g is running on two large sponge filters. It should be fine.

This was how mine sounded when it broke down. Sponge filters are much much better

I know how hard is knowing they're gonna die and having to wait, Harley went off his food and that's when I knew he wasn't coming back a second time.

I still haven't decided what I'm doing with mine, I really do want another betta but I don't want it to die on me so soon again.

Blue has been off food for 3 days now, and I hadn't fed him for 2 days prior to that (in case he was bloated). Right now the only thing I'm sure of is that the next fish won't be a betta. I love them, but I need a small break, and want to try some new species

Blue has been off food for 3 days now, and I hadn't fed him for 2 days prior to that (in case he was bloated). Right now the only thing I'm sure of is that the next fish won't be a betta. I love them, but I need a small break, and want to try some new species
If I don't get another betta I think I'm going with (one gender only!) Guppies or endlers. I know a few people with them so I can get some quite easily.

If I don't get another betta I think I'm going with (one gender only!) Guppies or endlers. I know a few people with them so I can get some quite easily.

It's a really good choice. I'm going to be perfectly honestly with you, and say that in my case, I'd like to see an expression of natural behaviors. Males flaring, breeding, interacting, the whole lot. IMHO guppies have lost some of that. Even more so, a male only aquarium will not have any males flaring. So ideally I'd like something else. Something that can express all of their behaviours in a 6g. I know what I'm after doesn't exist but...

I euthanized my betta today with the clove oil method and it went well. He didn’t stress very much and he was pretty calm throughout it. He looked like stereotypical dropsy in bettas. I cried more than I thought I would because well he’s “just a fish,” you know?
I plan to turn his tank into a nano freshwater shrimp tank and keep a colony of them. I may end up getting a female betta down the road but for now it is going to be a nano shrimp only tank (other than my big nerite snail). I also am going to start to re-scape his tank and move the hard scape around a bit to provide more hides for the shrimp.

I euthanized my betta today with the clove oil method and it went well. He didn’t stress very much and he was pretty calm throughout it. He looked like stereotypical dropsy in bettas. I cried more than I thought I would because well he’s “just a fish,” you know?
I plan to turn his tank into a nano freshwater shrimp tank and keep a colony of them. I may end up getting a female betta down the road but for now it is going to be a nano shrimp only tank (other than my big nerite snail). I also am going to start to re-scape his tank and move the hard scape around a bit to provide more hides for the shrimp.

So so sorry for your loss :hugs

I had fish when I was in 4th grade. Cichlids, and betas. Had a compartment box thing so I could have 6 total in the 39gal aquarium I had. I achieved getting this aquarium buy getting good grades.

Had it up until we moved. So that was about 5years.
🥰
Cool!!

Back
Top Bottom