Fish Zole

Sorry for trying to help as I have gone threw this issue.I should have know every time I try to help theres always someone to argue the point.I stopped posting because of this reason and I guess I should just read and not give my input.Again sorry for trying to help I will never do it again!
In N.H.,Tony.

Sorry for trying to help as I have gone threw this issue.I should have know every time I try to help theres always someone to argue the point.I stopped posting because of this reason and I guess I should just read and not give my input.Again sorry for trying to help I will never do it again!
In N.H.,Tony.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you... Like you, I have lived the blackhead nightmare many times with my turkeys and peachicks and I'm always looking for ways to avoid it. I really would love to read anything you can find on the efficacy of bacitracin and blackhead. So please don't let someone like me stop you from sharing!

Again, I apologize!
Kathy

My vet didn't charge me for a visit as I read up on this and explained why I needed it.As I said no matter if your bird free range or not all gamebirds should have a gamebird feed.Basatracin(spelling) is added to the feed to control(not cure)blackhead. .He said I must of found a good article(can't remember where I found it) and that it is exactly what it should be treated with.If I recall it only cost 8.00 for 15 pills.
In N.H.,Tony.
My birds all free range and they don't eat bagged food anymore unless it has been raining and they won't go out to forage so gamebird feed would do me no good.. so while it is a nice idea it may not help free range peas so I just keep the powder on hand .

Honestly I don't belive it is good to medicate animals long term unless you absolutely have to but my setup is very different than most folks.

You are lucky to have a vet help you for free, I would be putting them on my Christmas card list
big_smile.png

Can you post photos of your pretty peas in the show off your peas section? PLeazeeeeeeeeeee
big_smile.png
We love pea photos
wee.gif

Last edited:
In N.H.,Tony.
Tony I went through Blackhead with a chicken and just relied on BYC research to help me through. I think any or all experiences are important with this issue and sorting out what works and doesn't is valuable. It's tricky navigating personalities and people's experiences with their own flock because when we're on here we're all passionate about these birds. We value your input and experience with Vets as not many people take their chicken's to the vet and that knowledge is like gold on this website. Don't be discouraged and I hope you find that Kathy is just an arsenal of information about something she is also passionate about which is Poultry Health.

Respect to you out there in N.H., Tony.

Last edited:
Kathy back in the day when I was getting my 4 year degree I had to take a Technical writing class which encouraged very precise and to the point writing. Shorter sentences without much fluff or flourish...just delivery of the information. So I recognize your style as a science minded person and there is nothing wrong with it and any body should see you love helping people find information that helps their birds. your resources are wonderful.

Quote:
I haven't seen where you been upsetting folks, just someone that doesn't know you and how you post info, a person should not be so fast to fly off the handle over a simple post , both info's were correct in some cases. we are here to learn and do the best for our peas as we can and we are taking that journey together here on BYC even though we are miles apart. Post how ever it works for you I am fine with it.

Last edited:
THANK YOU EVERY ONE, every post is important We all experience different things and live in different areas. Sooooooo I took my white peacock( 3yrs old past summer) to the vet.........$135,office visit, rare bird charge, tested for worm charge, charged me for baytril because he had no worms. Didn't know what was wrong - he thought it was lead poisoning. Sick for a month: total of about 2-3 months HE DIED
sad.png
So a peafowl owner told me to use Wazine and I did every 3 mo. Then I read to use Ivermectin to rid them of tape worms: inject 0.5ml under skin between shoulders . I raised them on medicated game bird feed/ turkey starter....Free range birds .I feed them and lock them up every nite. They are Pets Then my I B male was sick and died. I started researching cause S & S described Blackhead. BYC gave me info on safe guard thanks (to Deerman and others I can't remember their names)and here I am learning about all this other stuff. You may not think it is important but someone just may use it with out you knowing
yesss.gif
as I did. I want to save as much money as possible so I can buy more peachicks. I am being given Serama chicks & another adventure begins . KEEP GIVING make for a better world

Up - date:
I now have fish zole........... the picture , the picture Went to the pet store and there it was. Just as it was posted. I have been reading The road less traveled, and now I am making A C V, starting me a chicken medicine cabinet ,,making nu-stock made some home -made sour mild(1 cup milk any kind with 1 tbsp. A C V) and changing my approach on how I care for my birds.

Sorry don't know how I pre posted this before I finished, but here it is see post # 30

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom