Fish Zole

Spiveyscorner67

Songster
9 Years
Oct 13, 2013
Northeast Texas
Where to buy? NO store in TEXARKANA sells it No Pet store or Wal Mart carries it, no one knows what I am talking about.......So where on the web is the best place to buy it? Thanks

I also found these for you.

For Fish Zole 250mg tablets:

For Meditrich 100mg tablets -

We usually find the cheapest place and figure out what else we might need to get the free shipping.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Tony: if you go to the Vet's office you add on the Vet's office visit charge to the price of the Flagyl. And if your birds are free- ranging any or have access to earthworms or low spots with earthworms it's very possible for them to pick up Blackhead despite what their basic feed is.

Any vetranarian office should carry metronidazole,which is actually flagyl.If you feed a gamebird feed as you should to pheasants,peafowl and turkeys,blackhead should not be a problem.
In N.H.,Tony.

Feeding gamebird food does not prevent blackhead unless it's medicated with something that prevents blackhead. I think Blue Seal makes one. But even then, it's no guarantee.

Most vets do have metronidazole and *all* vets can call in a prescription to any human pharmacy or compounding pharmacy. If one only needs a few pills and they're going to have the vet see their bird anyway, fine, but buying a bottle of Fish-Zole is less expensive per pill.

-Kathy

Tony I went through Blackhead with a chicken and just relied on BYC research to help me through. I think any or all experiences are important with this issue and sorting out what works and doesn't is valuable. It's tricky navigating personalities and people's experiences with their own flock because when we're on here we're all passionate about these birds. We value your input and experience with Vets as not many people take their chicken's to the vet and that knowledge is like gold on this website. Don't be discouraged and I hope you find that Kathy is just an arsenal of information about something she is also passionate about which is Poultry Health.

Respect to you out there in N.H., Tony.
hugs.gif
thumbsup.gif
Very well said er written
goodpost.gif

Last edited:
This is a blue splash marans. She sat on the pea eggs for me. Now she has been taking care of hatchery chicks. Thanks for the help, I need all that I can get, and then some. I will watch her close .

I found mine by looking for the ingredients as I could not find a packaging with the name fishzole after looking 4 different places

This is what I found. What you are looking for is the first active ingredient (Metronidazol), or look for what it is used for on fish on the photo I posted to help you find what you are looking for, some antifungal creams have the same ingredient not that you need that I was just sayen so mabe it would give you an idea of the type of ingredient you are looking for.

I need to buy some just in case too. How much do you give? If I get tablets how do I give it? Or is powder easier? I'd like all the info on hand so it's easy to find. Thanks:)

I just have it on hand and it is a powder, I never had to use it but some members here have so hopefully they can tell you cause I forgot , figured I could just ask when and if I need it.

Back
Top Bottom