Fish Zole

I also found these for you.

For Fish Zole 250mg tablets:

For Meditrich 100mg tablets -

We usually find the cheapest place and figure out what else we might need to get the free shipping.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Any vetranarian office should carry metronidazole,which is actually flagyl.If you feed a gamebird feed as you should to pheasants,peafowl and turkeys,blackhead should not be a problem.
In N.H.,Tony.

Tony: if you go to the Vet's office you add on the Vet's office visit charge to the price of the Flagyl. And if your birds are free- ranging any or have access to earthworms or low spots with earthworms it's very possible for them to pick up Blackhead despite what their basic feed is.

Any vetranarian office should carry metronidazole,which is actually flagyl.If you feed a gamebird feed as you should to pheasants,peafowl and turkeys,blackhead should not be a problem.
In N.H.,Tony.

Feeding gamebird food does not prevent blackhead unless it's medicated with something that prevents blackhead. I think Blue Seal makes one. But even then, it's no guarantee.

Most vets do have metronidazole and *all* vets can call in a prescription to any human pharmacy or compounding pharmacy. If one only needs a few pills and they're going to have the vet see their bird anyway, fine, but buying a bottle of Fish-Zole is less expensive per pill.

-Kathy

My vet didn't charge me for a visit as I read up on this and explained why I needed it.As I said no matter if your bird free range or not all gamebirds should have a gamebird feed.Basatracin(spelling) is added to the feed to control(not cure)blackhead. .He said I must of found a good article(can't remember where I found it) and that it is exactly what it should be treated with.If I recall it only cost 8.00 for 15 pills.
In N.H.,Tony.

Last edited:
My vet didn't charge me for a visit as I read up on this and explained why I needed it.As I said no matter if your bird free range or not all gamebirds should have a gamebird feed.Basatracin(spelling) is added to the feed to control(not cure)blackhead. .He said I must of found a good article(can't remember where I found it) and that it is exactly what it should be treated with.If I recall it only cost 8.00 for 15 pills.
In N.H.,Tony.

That medicine is for the prevention of necrotic enteritis, not blackhead, just like amprolium is used in feed to prevent coccidiosis... Some starter feeds have both.

-Kathy

Sorry for trying to help as I have gone threw this issue.I should have know every time I try to help theres always someone to argue the point.I stopped posting because of this reason and I guess I should just read and not give my input.Again sorry for trying to help I will never do it again!
In N.H.,Tony.

Sorry for trying to help as I have gone threw this issue.I should have know every time I try to help theres always someone to argue the point.I stopped posting because of this reason and I guess I should just read and not give my input.Again sorry for trying to help I will never do it again!
In N.H.,Tony.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you... Like you, I have lived the blackhead nightmare many times with my turkeys and peachicks and I'm always looking for ways to avoid it. I really would love to read anything you can find on the efficacy of bacitracin and blackhead. So please don't let someone like me stop you from sharing!

Again, I apologize!
Kathy

Back
Top Bottom