Five Tough Chicks and TWO Amazing Embryos!

Pics
Funny chicks! Orpingtons are easy going and docile, aren't they? View attachment 1092194

So i always heard, but mine aren't. :p

Actually, my original flock wasn't very friendly to start, but have gotten more laid back as they have gotten older. (over 2 years old now!) But i have hatched chicks that have been very flighty, and a small few that have been very loving and docile. I wish i knew which hens the sweet ones came from.

But I'm handling these 2 as much as i can, so i may end up keeping them. I'd love to have a pair that lived up to their reputation. :D

So i always heard, but mine aren't. :p

Actually, my original flock wasn't very friendly to start, but have gotten more laid back as they have gotten older. (over 2 years old now!) But i have hatched chicks that have been very flighty, and a small few that have been very loving and docile. I wish i knew which hens the sweet ones came from.

But I'm handling these 2 as much as i can, so i may end up keeping them. I'd love to have a pair that lived up to their reputation. :D
Plus they're tough because they made it through that less than ideal incubation. ;)
I'm very fond of the tough ones...lol

Back
Top Bottom