Flemish Giant Help

Mom2IrishBoys

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2017
Is it absolutely impossible for a flemish to be anything but a solid color. I found an ad for flemish babies, but a lot of them are broken and there's one with a Himalayan patern. I asked about it because as far as I read, flemish were all solid colors. But the person said that it was pure. I'm in love with this bunny.. but I REALLY want a Flemish. A nice big fat bunny. Is there ANY chance at all that these aren't mixes?

Hello there!! I have a Flemish with Himalayan coloring... From what I understand the Ruby eyed White, the Grey and the Himalayan have similar genes. So not show quality, but fairly pure
big_smile.png

Hello there!! I have a Flemish with Himalayan coloring... From what I understand the Ruby eyed White, the Grey and the Himalayan have similar genes.  So not show quality, but fairly pure :D
OMG!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! My heart sank at the thought that it may not be what I really wanted. But looks like a Flemish? Any thoughts on the broken ones? I could post a pic or 2 if necessary. Any way to get pure with broken coats?

OMG!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! My heart sank at the thought that it may not be what I really wanted. But looks like a Flemish? Any thoughts on the broken ones? I could post a pic or 2 if necessary. Any way to get pure with broken coats?
You're welcome! This FG looks EXACTLY like my FG buck that I have.. Amazing personality, and so pretty!
love.gif

I don't think Flemishes can come in broken... But unless you plan to breed for show, it shouldn't matter too much..

Here are some of the others in the same ad. I was possibly interested in the blue or the broken fawn, but I really only want a flemish. I want the size and temperament.
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom