Duvet green gel Epsom poultice on swollen foot, slight broken skin?

Good idea to get this nipped in the bud. It's never-ending with our birds but hopefully with what your doing it will resolve. It's nice to have one so willing to cooperate.

Gonna have to separate the girls and boys during the day for awhile I think. One of my gals has lost a lot of feathers on the back of her head the last couple days :-(

They are still mating? thank goodness mine have finally quit.
Oh yes, they absolutely are. Not quite as much but they're still pretty consistent. The one that was the most active and his buddy who was intermediate have tapered off to taking it easy but the third seems to be ramping up. Usually they'd go after my two older silver swedes and blue swede but apparently going after the blue (Kiwi) more often than the others. It's literally only been two days and she's lost a lot of feathers on her head, poor thing.

We do what we have to to keep the girls safe. I have 2 new drakes that my sweet Muscovy hatched for me this past June so this gives me 4 drakes thankfully my Muscovy drake sticks to his females but I am worried about my 3 Runner drakes come spring so I will put the 2 youngest in drake jail if I have to. I have 14 females for the 3 but not sure that will even be enough .

We do what we have to to keep the girls safe. I have 2 new drakes that my sweet Muscovy hatched for me this past June so this gives me 4 drakes thankfully my Muscovy drake sticks to his females but I am worried about my 3 Runner drakes come spring so I will put the 2 youngest in drake jail if I have to. I have 14 females for the 3 but not sure that will even be enough .
Stinks cause they're such sweet boys but they can be crazy when it comes to the ladies. Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't favor a certain one... Poor girl.

Seems often times the girls are presenting themselves to the boys and they reciprocate and it could be right after they've just been mated by another. So sometimes the boys are just acknowledging them. Sometimes they follow them around bobbing their heads and the boys are trotting away lol

Back
Top Bottom