Flock block - do you use one?

I bought one... they worked it over like crazy... first they whittled it into what looked like what was going to be the statue David... then it looked like it was going to be the Sphinx... and then it was just gone... took about 10 days....

Too much $ for that short of a time was my thought, but I think it’s worth trying.
Soooo funny! I hope you get another just so we can get another funny review!

Soooo funny! I hope you get another just so we can get another funny review!

If I get another the funny part will be the descriptions of me playing connect four, shoots and ladders and other board games with them, as well as chicken trivia, charades, telling ghost stories, poultry related interpretive dance, chicken massage, hot yoga, teaching the hens to paint with water colors, letting them review our tax returns, and so on ... pretty much anything to distract them from pecking that dang block.... just to make it last longer!

With all of that said, my birds are confined 24/7 for their own protection, and so they likely focused their creative pecking on the block, where other folk’s ranging birds might not work the block with the same enthusiasm, because they have hubcaps to peck or mulch that needs to be moved onto the sidewalk, or porches to poop on Jackson Polack style, etc.

Also this was in warmer weather, so the block might have been too soft for my bird’s lofty artistic goals at the time... but then again I gave them 2 bird feeder type suet cakes yesterday with sub freezing temps and they went all magic hat on me, and made them disappear in about 8 hours.

If I get another the funny part will be the descriptions of me playing connect four, shoots and ladders and other board games with them, as well as chicken trivia, charades, telling ghost stories, poultry related interpretive dance, chicken massage, hot yoga, teaching the hens to paint with water colors, letting them review our tax returns, and so on ... pretty much anything to distract them from pecking that dang block.... just to make it last longer!

With all of that said, my birds are confined 24/7 for their own protection, and so they likely focused their creative pecking on the block, where other folk’s ranging birds might not work the block with the same enthusiasm, because they have hubcaps to peck or mulch that needs to be moved onto the sidewalk, or porches to poop on Jackson Polack style, etc.

Also this was in warmer weather, so the block might have been too soft for my bird’s lofty artistic goals at the time... but then again I gave them 2 bird feeder type suet cakes yesterday with sub freezing temps and they went all magic hat on me, and made them disappear in about 8 hours.
If you are not a writer of books ... you have missed your calling. I love how your mind works.

We use them when the weather is really bad and they are inside. It seems to help with boredom and did not distract from their regular food. We do buy the smaller ones that fit in a big suet type feeder and hang it in the coop.

Back
Top Bottom