Flock/Life Journey's 2019

This morning the incubator was very smelly, ended up tossing dirty egg after all :(

I'm candling tonight for aircell check and taking photos to share :D
I was asking incubation questions on another chicken platform and they were getting annoyed as it was a chat... so I'm glad I can come to BYC for a warmer community!:hugs:love

Getting some sand today for the coop, found hole that let it drain out and going to patch it. Possible storms this afternoon has me trying to get things done quickly :barnie
Storms! Crazy!

For Saturday morning smiles, I decided to record myself letting the flock out, vs. the usual view from me holding the camera. Please excuse the mess piled up on the brick patio.

I love it when they all come running out like maniacs :lol:... like... we’re freeeeeeee!!:wee

This morning the incubator was very smelly, ended up tossing dirty egg after all :(

I'm candling tonight for aircell check and taking photos to share :D
I was asking incubation questions on another chicken platform and they were getting annoyed as it was a chat... so I'm glad I can come to BYC for a warmer community!:hugs:love

Getting some sand today for the coop, found hole that let it drain out and going to patch it. Possible storms this afternoon has me trying to get things done quickly :barnie
Begging for some of that rain :fl... the gals need relief! I did go purchase a sprinkler and set that up in there...

Last year I bought some mister heads and connectors, but haven’t purchased the pvc, adhesive and couplings so I can actually do so with it. I have these great arctic cove brand bucket top misters, but the rechargeable batteries run out pretty quickly. Even with longer life batteries, the buckets would run dry. But they really help in the heat of summer, especially when I can run up the hill on lunch break to refill buckets and swap out batteries!

Forgot the photo...

DB11B25F-E276-4968-AAD4-6470FEE2DD09.jpeg

Finally posting these pics of my button quail and fish. The last pictures are of my button quail Petra. I put plastic mesh netting on top of their terrarium so that they don’t hit their heads when they fly up but somehow she flew on top of it. It is divided in the middle so she got in it through that part.
D18E34A2-E55E-46EF-B71D-4B4DEA375CAC.jpeg
80D78D81-B463-415A-8AEE-1CBF7CFFF756.jpeg
FECFAC51-8484-46FD-83B5-98D05E6B425C.jpeg
72F28F85-39D2-4410-B636-83CC370ECC8F.jpeg
B35F004E-7F81-45AC-ADB7-B58FB80A1D08.jpeg
7BE1927F-1AE0-4520-A82C-BFDEAD3F8DED.jpeg
8B1C926F-CF25-4232-9EFF-66E5CAF1B3B4.jpeg
That was the best I could get of the quail, they are skittish and the fish swims a lot.

One of the reasons why I can’t wait to get my mellow Cochin bantams.

Sorry the pictures are kind of all over the place but a bit of a pain to try to fix it on my phone.

Finally posting these pics of my button quail and fish. The last pictures are of my button quail Petra. I put plastic mesh netting on top of their terrarium so that they don’t hit their heads when they fly up but somehow she flew on top of it. It is divided in the middle so she got in it through that part. View attachment 1837144 View attachment 1837145 View attachment 1837146 View attachment 1837147 View attachment 1837148 View attachment 1837149 View attachment 1837150 That was the best I could get of the quail, they are skittish and the fish swims a lot.

One of the reasons why I can’t wait to get my mellow Cochin bantams.

Sorry the pictures are kind of all over the place but a bit of a pain to try to fix it on my phone.
Awe, they are so cute! And nice little fish... name?

Back
Top Bottom