Flock party egg maker feed

Oct 22, 2021
Hi, we have searched everywhere within an hour’s distance maybe even farther from our home looking for Flock Party egg maker feed, we can’t find it anywhere. All of the TSC are out even if they say they have them in stock on their website. Our ducks lay great when they are eating these pellets. Is there anywhere else we can get it besides Tractor Supply? Ian’s in the meantime, what is a comparable replacement or substitute for it? We are feeding a local co-op feed for waterfowl with added nutritional yeast on top. I have compared the labels and can’t quite figure out what the magic difference is with the egg maker. If someone knows please let me know. Our ducks would usually be laying well by now, but we are only getting an egg or two a week from 8 Ancona and welsh harlequin ducks. Thanks

Feed doesn't affect laying unless it's very, very poor feed and they're diverting resources into living and not reproduction. Flock party feed is bottom line basic chicken feed in a colorful bag at a bougie price. Compare the nutritional labels.
Feed you birds a nice quality feed, with their supplements and they lay as their Lay cycles dictate.

Feed doesn't affect laying unless it's very, very poor feed and they're diverting resources into living and not reproduction. Flock party feed is bottom line basic chicken feed in a colorful bag at a bougie price. Compare the nutritional labels.
Feed you birds a nice quality feed, with their supplements and they lay as their Lay cycles dictate.
The weather has been very unpredictable so I blame that as well. What do you consider a high quality feed? We have fed Nutrena, kalmbach and others in the past, the local co op feed is what we have fed recently and I thought it was good…maybe it is, everyone is in good body condition.

The weather has been very unpredictable so I blame that as well. What do you consider a high quality feed? We have fed Nutrena, kalmbach and others in the past, the local co op feed is what we have fed recently and I thought it was good…maybe it is, everyone is in good body condition.
Weather can affect laying but it's actually the sunlight. There needs to be a certain amount of light to trigger the pituitary gland that controls laying.
Any fresh feed, that has 17%-20% protein is fine.
Make sure to limit treats for long, healthy lives. :]

Weather can affect laying but it's actually the sunlight. There needs to be a certain amount of light to trigger the pituitary gland that controls laying.
Make sure to limit treats for long, healthy lives. :]
Why do you say that this feed is so bottom line chicken feed?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-28 6.23.10 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 6.23.10 PM.png
    605 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-02-28 6.22.23 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 6.22.23 PM.png
    213.4 KB · Views: 6
Why do you say that this feed is so bottom line chicken feed?
Protein (16%) is the minimum protein level that chickens can live and still lay eggs, unless the methionine and Lysine levels were raised independently, which it doesn't look like they were.
Calcium is a bit high. It's just the same basic formula that you can buy in the big bags for less. It just looks fancy since they're threw a minor amount of bug powder in there.

What is your favorite feed? Looking at the labels gets confusing when you don't know exactly what everything means.
Not all feeds are regionally available or fresh, unfortunately. I switch between a few depending what is available.
If you have males, or young birds, you'd want to look for a low calcium feed but if it's not available, I wouldn't worry too much.

Not all feeds are regionally available or fresh, unfortunately. I switch between a few depending what is available.

If you have males, or young birds, you'd want to look for a low calcium feed but if it's not available, I wouldn't worry too much.
We have our birds separated between two small flocks with the different breeds. The Welsh Harlequin flock has 1 drake an 4 adult females. The ancona flock has 1 drake and 4 adult females as well. We live in NC so the Southeast U.S. if that gives you any guide on feeds that are available.

How is this feed?

Nutrena NatureWise All Flock 20%​

We have fed it before but we’re trying to buy more locally produced feeds but if it is good then we may try it again.

Back
Top Bottom