Flock stopped laying

Apr 14, 2021
Hello! I recently got 10 Silkie chickens and they were all laying for about a week and then all of a sudden they all stopped. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, they are eating the same feed as our other laying chickens and live with some of our ducks. We did separate the chickens from the ducks and noticed they were sneezing a bit, but other than that they seem and act perfectly healthy. We give them layers feed, they have a seperate bowl of oyster and crushed up egg shells, and then we give them fun greens and veggies like cabbage as well as mealworms and all the bugs we find around the property, spiders, grubs, ect. Any idea what I’m doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to get them to start laying again? All help is welcome

Huh, any change happened? Maybe they are going broody or hiding this eggs. Are they free ranging?
We have isolated a few of the chickens in hutches and found no eggs, so they are definitely just not laying. I am not sure if you'd call it free ranging, but we have a big open area for them it is just fenced in. The biggest change was us buying them, about a week after we got them they stopped laying.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom