Floods and Fires

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JaciesCoop, Jun 13, 2008.

1. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    My prayers go out to all those that may be affected today by the floods in the mid-west and the fires on the west coast. I do so hope that none of our BYC family are affected.
    Jacie

2. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Thanks, Jacie. We are heading out to fill sandbags tomorrow in the hopes of holding the river back from destroying our friends and neighbors' livelihoods and homes. Its so sad to see what is happening in Cedar Rapids.

3. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:
    Well good luck with that. I wish I were young enough to come help but I'm afraid I couldn't lift a sand bag if I had too. [​IMG] I will be thinking about you and all the others. Good luck and keep us posted.

Jacie

4. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Thank you Jacie!!!!! I live about 30 minutes north of Cedar Rapids and it is the most amazing thing I have ever seen!!!!! I just want to cry for all of those that have lost so much. I luckily am in the middle of corn fields with no threat of flooding!! On the news yesterday the were talking about a 500 yr flood plain and that it is going past that area. It is a very large area that has been flooded and is going over that. The news lady said what would it be called out of the 500 yr flood plain area. I figure that is the " OH S%^T!!!!" area!! I cant believe people would still be using interstate 380 with water so close to the top. Iowa City actually could get hit worse the CR.. They have also evacuated one of the hospitals in Cedar Rapids. We have small towns that are totally blocked off from everyone that have been totally evacuated. The scary thing is one town is right out side a nuclear power plant and we havent heard anything about that....The worst thing is we just cant stop getting rain. We had another 1 1/2 to 2 inches yesterday... This is one really messed up year for sure. Jenn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by