FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I thought you had your fingers on the wrong letters on the keyboard.
smile.png
I haven't found any good bantam cochin's around here yet, but I am not too concerned about quality with these guys, just want some with no frizzle in their family. My friend's favorite (don't you hate it when you can't get rid of a bird because a friend who doesn't want chickens gets attached to one), was a poorly bred frizzle, and I am afraid I will get a featherless bird if any more frizzle gets in there. Anyone in the group have any bantam cochins?

talk to Charly, he's got some really nice cochins, here take a look at his pic.

and he is in Leesburg Fl

https://www.backyardchickens.com/u/68442/chickcrazycharlie

City Chicks in Pinellas Park. They are also a horse farm, Anvil Acres. I have never seen chicken coops/horses so clean. No smell at all. If you go on to Craigslist and search "City Chicks, it may be an old post, but it should come up. She has pullets. If you do not find it, let me know and I will see what I can find as far as information on her for you.

Welcome. I am relatively new as well. Only been doing chickens for the last year.

Amy

[/quote]

Ok so I went and bought chicks on Sunday. I came home with one each of Blue, silver laced and Blue laced red  wyandottes. One Wheaton Maran one Black copper Maran and one Light Sussex.
They are all doing really well and are so entertaining. After much teasing by my friends I think I should have gotten 2 of each since there are pretty good odds the sexing thing isn't that accurate, they are sure my favorite the Blue Wyandotte is a rooster!. I may go get a few older ones this Sunday I found someone who has Welsumers, Buff Orphingtons and speckled Sussex's. I live on a corner lot so I really only have one neighbor and I have promised them eggs ( just in case i am over the legal limit ) , they are used to me having a bit of a menagerie ( they called me at work about a stray Iguana to see if it was mine, LOL!)

Since I can't have roosters and won't be breeding I plan on having a diverse flock. I do plan on moving out of the city in a few years and can't wait. My best friend who lives in Summerfield said now I HAVE to move there because of the chickens! She also said the roos can come live there!
Missie

Hi Missie,

Enjoyed talking with you... Glad you bought your new chicks from a BREEDER. I think we all should be buying local and good quality chicks. That way you only have to buy what you need. Please post some pics of your new babys.

Maye

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I am new to this site and live in Central Florida. I just placed an order to have a coop built and hopefully it will be done in 4-6  weeks. I want to order an assortment of breeds from a hatchery but only want to keep 8 chicks. Is there any way around that? Are there any hatcheries in Florida that carry a large variety of breeds?

Hello and Welcome,

If you only want 8, they just go and support some of the local breeders of quality stock. Then you will have local support for your chicks and don't have to worry about extras and finding them homes. Just ask on this thread for breeders of birds you are wanting. I found all the breeds I was looking for less than 1 hour from me. You can see ALL the breeds I have in my signature at the bottom. Hope this helps.

Maye

Personally: I will not buy from a hatchery. Too many great birds and breeders here locally. :D

maybe some one can start a thread to see who is going and pick a date, first weekend or second of may would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom