FLORIDA ANYONE?? Please sign on map!

Quote:
I've seen the changes in Green Cove in just the past couple of years, so I can imagine what it must be like for a native. It's weird for us to be able to reach a Wal-Mart in just 30 minutes now that Middleburg is growing so much. I wasn't able to go to the fair this year, because we were visiting family in England at the time. I also didn't make it to Tractor Supply this weekend. So I'm just batting a thousand!

Gainesville checking in here...I'm in the city limits so I guess I can't have chickens in my yard. My 21 yo daughter bought a house in Archer and we're both having a great time getting chickens for her little 'farmhouse'. She has 2 pullets each of the following: Araucanas, Silver Speckled Hamburgs, light Brahmas, Black sex-link (with frizzled tail??), single comb brown leghorn, golden laced Wyandotte, Black Majorcan, and probably a couple I can't remember!

We have silkie eggs on the way and I am going to take over the hatching of them. If I made the 'bator, I get to do the hatching!!

Hi all,

Nice to know we have some chicken crazys in clay county too. I was thinking I might be the only one.
lol.png

I have some chickens for sale and some to rehome if anyone wants some. Rehoming some young pet roos EE silverlaced Wyandott and some mixed, and selling some black bantam cochins, non-bearded silkies, bearded silkie chicks, mix bantam chicks and some sweet mixed bantams. Will have some Jersey giants later when I decide which I can part with:hit.
husband says too many chickens!
jumpy.gif

Also bourban red turkeys and peafowl as well as eggs from many chickens etc.
I was told Purple gator in stark has a lot of supplies, haven't been in a while to find out. Jeffers on-line is good and fast also.

Quote:
Also on 220 is Green South's new store. They have a ton of supplies for farm animals including chickens.

Good luck on your new batch of biddies that are soon to come!

In april 2 of my friends and i got together and order our chickens from Ideal Poultry. We all got the breeds that we wanted. We are like you raising them for eggs and/or meat. We ordered and recieved 8 white rock and 2roos, 2 bantys.

The most horrible thing happen today while we were out shopping. Some thing got into my coop and killed every chicken. 2 are missing and the rest were on the ground with their neck s broken.

Well we cleaned up the mess and are very sad about loosing them. My dear husband told me to order more. Well I look at ideal and they are completely sold out of every breed i am interest in. I email the company about my problem but, it a holiday weekend, I really don't know what they can do for me anyways. I check other breeding farm you need to order 25 chick to have them shipped.

I am lost with out my chick.

does any one in central florida want to split an order? I live in Hernado county. Own property in Pasco county. Work in Tarpon Springs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggested places to check for supplies. Looks like I'll be doing some exploring these next couple of weeks as I wait for the chicks' arrival.

Chickenzoo: Interesting that your also raise bourban red turkeys. I was pondering trying that. What do you think of them?

Joann: So sorry about your horrible loss.
hit.gif
That's the one thing I worry most about, because we live in a heavily wooded area. That's why I'm designing my coop to be as Fort Knox-esque as possible. Have you checked My Pet Chicken for replacements? You have to pay more for a special shipping package that includes heating packs, but you can order as few as 8 chicks from them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom