FLORIDA ANYONE?? Please sign on map!

WooHoo
ya.gif
It worked! Thanks!

Quote:
I guess I am lucky, my land is zoned A-1. My 7 roosters don't make as much noise as the large parrots in the neighboring development. You could always get your hens tested and get a NPIP number to help prove that you have healthy birds, it might help going up against code enforcement if all the local chicken owners did that.

Greenapple, where would we go to have our birds tested, and do you have an idea what it runs cost-wise? It sounds like a good idea regardless, and we do need as much documented proof as possible why the ordinances SHOULD be changed to allow hens in smaller backyard areas. I realize with neighbors close by that it would have to be in coops, hens only, and a limited number, among other factors. We need a Central Florida team to put their heads/expertise/documentation together before we approach Orange County and Seminole too. After getting one county to allow them, the paperwork and precedent will be set to go to the next one. I don't have as much experience, but I'd be willing to help out where I can.

Last edited:
Trekster: I am just down the road from you in Fellsmere! Come on down to the Goby Fest at the St. Sebastian River Preserve State Park in Fellsmere this Saturday (3/21) and say Hi! Just ask for Patti Fuchs, anyone official will know me. The Park is right on Babcock, entrance is right at the C-54 canal.
the web address for the event is www.nbbd.com/npr/cpa

That
goes for any others in the area! Watch out though, I may inundate you with questions on my chicks.
wink.png

coops and kelly,
maybe to answer some of your issues with strawberry festival my kids have shown there the last couple of years and my daughter was reserve champ with the black sumatra cock this year. it is a youth only show and the reason you didnt see any of the exhibitors is that the festival doesnt give them any tickets to get back in to check on their animals so the only way is you have to pay your way back in every time but ive been told that they are changing it next year so hopefully it will be better.

just wanted to update/remind everyone that the central florida fair is starting soon. I will be out there with my daughters and our chickens, the chickens will be there from the 22cd till the 26th. There is supposed to be a chicken parade and fashion show at noon on the 26th, should be interesting
wink.png

Quote:
What the????? The can't give the kids passes? As much as we paid to get in??? I actually will not go again unless they let the kids (showing animals) in for free. That's ridiculous!

Congrats to your daughter on a job well done!

Back
Top Bottom