FLORIDA ANYONE?? Please sign on map!

If you have not added your name to the map please go back to post number 345 and click on the link and include yourself in our states chicken community.

Hello! We are just south of cocoa beach however do not currently have the two hens i so badly want. Im CHICKEN about HOW much noise they COUld make while laying especially since our neighborhood is oddly quiet WITH some cranky folks a few houses down.

Quote:
Thanks for pushing the map!! I added the link to the first post on this thread as well.
ya.gif

kitkatbahr...I am a Merritt Island transplant. I am in the North Carolina Mountains now, but grew up on Merritt Island/Cocoa until 4 years ago.. I moved to MI in 1966 with the exploration of Space and left in 2004. Graduated from MI High in 1971.

We have Ameraucanas, booted bantams, and bronze turkeys now....hoping to add quail within the month.

Glad to see so many from central florida with chickens now.....there was a time when all the birds at the central florida fair came from my house, their weren't any other people raising show birds. We even made the front page of the Orlanda Sentenal one year with a bantam cochin and Spiderman.

Brothers and Dad still live on Merritt Island.

Hi CountryPantry,

I moved here to Merritt Island about 6 1/2 years ago. I love it here. We watch the Shuttle launches from our front yard. Just walk out the door and there they are! Rockets too. We live on N. Merritt Island, so not far from the launch pads at all.

I would love to go to the fair and see the birds for show. I'll have to plan on doing that this year.

Back
Top Bottom