FLORIDA is so Prehistoric!!!Bit by a SCORPION!!!OWIES!!!RANT

Quote:
lau.gif
That's why I came in too. Dang old people.

Florida, the state people go to die.

After spending 25 years on Whidbey Island in Puget Sound (north of Seattle) where there are no poisonous anythings, I've had to take extra care not to become complacent. I too have a wicked bad Black Widow, roach (outside only) and other poisonous creature problem to deal with. Haven't seen (knock on wood) any scorpions though. I have, by necessity, a quarterly pest control contract. So far thats kept them OUT of the house.

* We have the big ones, too, flakey chick. I worked in a plumbing business once and we had to move some shelf units in the warehouse and found a nearly 6" black scorpion!! My co-worker caught it in a mayo jar to take home to her brother as a "pet". . . . . .ugh.

Actually, you were not bitten by a scorpion. You were stung. They cannot bite you.

:| Yes I said I was BIT by a scorpion instead of stung. I was in alot of pain and not in the right frame of mind. I only wrote what came to mind.
I'm sorry you were stung, it does hurt. You can take the Saran wrap off, though...it doesn't do a thing for you.

The mudd was to draw out to poison, the Saran wrap was so the mudd would not get all over my sheets. (Little old lady who swallowed a fly) Worked like a charm though. You couldn't even tell I was stung.
frow.gif

Why did you move to Florida? The fact of the matter is, those animals were there long before any of us were. It is technically their home, and their territory. They don't have the capacity to think about the fact that you don't like them, so they should move away from you. In fact, they cannot move anywhere to get away from you, because people are constantly moving into their habitats. They have nowhere to go.

So, if you live where these animals are, you just have to learn to live with them and avoid problems.

I am sorry if I offended any Prehistoric animal activists out there. But it was just a rant. That's all. Lighten up! It was mostly about the pain! The fact is I DO understand they are in their habitat. (Except for alligator who will travel 50 miles away from its habitat to eat.)
I'm the lady that pulls over on the highway to move a turtle so it doesn't get hit by a car.
But when they are in MY habitat and if I think for a second they will hurt my kids, THEN ITS ON!
Although the animals have been here for a long long time. So have we. The way the wild kingdom sees it. They don't try to live with eachother they EAT eachother. There are no Activists in the animal kingdom. There is no chicken board that gets together every month to talk about a hawks unfair way of eating them alive. And they don't petition the Assembly of Hawks to at least kill before eating them.
WE are a part of the wild kingdom The difference is that we have opposing thumbs and can speak a human language. Animals speak animals. GET ALONG? I just don't want them to eat me! OR STING me!
LOVE​

Quote:
It's no fun unless you offend someone. Is a prehistoric animal activist an animal
activist that is old or one that tries to prevent dinosaur abuse? I can't figure it out.
Hmmm.

And scorpions do bite. Trust me. I dated one once.

You keep ranting. Rants are fun and good for you.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
It's no fun unless you offend someone. Is a prehistoric animal activist an animal
activist that is old or one that tries to prevent dinosaur abuse? I can't figure it out.
Hmmm.

And scorpions do bite. Trust me. I dated one once.

You keep ranting. Rants are fun and good for you.

Thanks Purple Chicken! You're my friend!
love.gif

Quote:
I could send you a box of assorted critters if you'd like.
(OH!! this is the south, I ferget)

If'n y'all want summm I reckon I could send y'all some critters. Theys enuff to go round.

We found a teensy little scorpion in our back hallway when we first moved into this house. I mean, right in the living area of the house! I was so fascinated I forgot to think about what could have happend...

Then a couple months ago we found one a little bigger under a chunk of wood out by the driveway. Again, I just wanted to look and look and look...

But if one of those babies ever bites, stings, trips or slaps me, I'm squashing it flat. I really love to look at them but I don't want 'em doing me any injury!

Scorpions, I mean...not gators! When Coop-a-Chick and I went on a camping trip to Okeechobee, we were watching some gators and then realized THEY were watching US! Very creepy feeling!

Chickfillhay, I hope you're all recovered and I'm glad your sheets aren't covered in drawing goo.
lol.png

Quote:
I could send you a box of assorted critters if you'd like.
(OH!! this is the south, I ferget)

If'n y'all want summm I reckon I could send y'all some critters. Theys enuff to go round.

Hey, I went to flight school in Milton, I left a lot of my DNA down there in mosquitoes.

Back
Top Bottom