Florida Panhandle - and "LA" ... Lower Alabama!

GoodEgg

Songster
12 Years
Feb 12, 2007
NW Florida
Well, I thought I might as well start one, since I have lotsa neighbors now!

Near Cantonment/Molino myself.

trish

Last edited:
I'm in Pensacola!!

Hey Trish...how is the DE working? I just got around to putting some down today. We have had rain almost everyday so I have avoided using it. Usually it is such spotty rain around here...you probably can relate...I could be at the grocery store and come home drenched and not a drop has hit our block!!
lol.png
But the past few days we have actually had some good rain.

I am glad for the rain but I am just not used to it...strange moldy things are growing and wet chicken poo really stinks!! :eek:

On a more positive note:

Thanks for starting this thread!!
wink.png

Lisa

Hi Lisa!
frow.gif

The DE is working great, so far. I haven't used it in the coop yet but the kitten is doing SO much better and still no fleas. And, as an added bonus, the front porch (which got a bit spilled around) has had only 1 palmetto bug since a couple of days after it arrived (and normally there are 5-6 every night that I see). DE seems to work ESPECIALLY well on palmetto bugs too! (I HATE those things!) Oh, and the ants are gone too, but I can't say whether it's the DE or something else, since we did try so many things before it arrived.

Wanna hear something funny? We haven't had ANY rain since then except for last night! Just like you said, spotty around here.

And I know what you mean about that that strange mold. Ugh ... but it seems to be under control in my yard, thanks to the helpful folks here on BYC!

YW for the thread ... I hope it's not overkill since we have a North Florida one ... but then again, look how far it is from here to northeast Florida, and the southern reaches of that! Florida may not be the biggest state area-wise, but I think we are one of the longest in terms of having to drive from here to there, right up there with Cali and Texas!

I think I'm going to add "Lower Alabama" to the title, in case it helps out as well. It's just so great to find chicken-neighbors!

Edited to add: A friend was looking at the screen when I brought this up, and saw your avatar, and thought there was a bug on the screen!
lol.png

trish

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey Trish!

I saw the bug graphic online and thought the same thing!!

I don't think this thread is overkill...you are right...Florida is big...and we actually almost live in Alabama...lol!!! Sorry you have not had much rain...we are 20 inches behind for the year! :eek: We did get some more last night and this afternoon...maybe we are only 19 inches behind now.

Talk to ya again soon!
Lisa

Madison county - way south. I'm actually closer to LaFayette than Madison.

Can anyone around here tell me where I can get ds a pig for his 4-H project? I've called people and emailed someone who was recommended but NO LUCK!

That should have said P - I - G not P - I - C. Oops! We found one today. Going to pick it up tomorrow.

I'd appreciate any help.

Beth

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom