FLORIDA Swap/Sales & Events Chat thread ***UPDATES***...

I have a drive limit set for myself. I will drive around 2 hrs one way. That actually gives me quite an area I can cover. (Jacksonville, to Lake City, Winter Haven, Polk City, Tampa, etc.) I am trying to organize some a little closer to me. I have gone to White Springs (in Hamilton County).

Hope all you BYCERS can attend our South Florida Swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 3rd

we had a great turn out last time. A couple hundred people and expect even more this time, as we are on a main road thru town.

Last edited:
I hope someone checks in after the Arcadia show. I so wanted to make it but had a conflict and couldn't go. I KNOW you all had a greaaaat time!
wink.png

It's not so much the drive to go, I love traveling. It's the fact that right now, I'm vehicle shopping. My cruiser had a motor issue and the manufacturer is not going to warranty it so I am out a vehicle and looking for another.

Last edited:
Just wondering... is there anyone else close by me who has experience in hosting a swap (or has been to a swap to know what to do) that would want to put on a swap with me? I'm in Dade City. I'd really like to attend one close by me but there isn't any, so I thought about hosting one. But, I'm not sure I would be a good host not having attended any of the other swaps yet. Any ideas? Anyone wanna co-host one with me? I'm relatively open on dates.

Quote:
I have been here my whole life, my husband 20 years...I did not know this place existed.
Thank you for posting this! We have seen feed stores come and go in Belleview. Husband is planning to go! Thanks!
smile.png

Another year has nearly gone by. We hosted three swaps this past year. At the January and November swaps we had a good turnout. The May swap was fair. I think mostly because it was pretty hot out. We saw a lot of old friends and made some new ones. Eric & Le (ThePamperedPullet) are having a swap and holiday bazaar on Sat. Dec. 4th. Heather (Sillystunt) is hosting a swap sale on Sat. Dec. 18th. In January on Jan. 8-9, 2011 (always the second saturday in January) is the Florida Sunshine Classic at Lake City, Fla., Columbia County Fairgrounds. There will be several BYC members showing their birds. Last year we nearly froze to death as the high that day was 29 degrees out. It will be a Classic we will never forget.

Back
Top Bottom