Fluff Trimming Question

wolfbaine30

Crazy Rooster
11 Years
May 5, 2008
Blue Ridge,Georgia
Can some one please explain to me how to " trim fluff" ? I am clueless on this matter and would like anybodys information on this,photos,etc. Thank You,Kevin

Last edited:
Hey, Kev. On the males, you pluck the fluff under the vent and on the females, you pluck the fluff over the vent. Helps if someone else holds them. you can cut the feathers, but that leaves irritating "spikes" sometimes. Best to grab a few feathers near their base and pull quickly. Pluck till you can see the vent area clearly.

Just wondering, does it bleed sometimes when you pluck? I've got some bantam Cochins that need to be trimmed. If plucking is better, I'd rather do that. But do I need to have anything on hand in case of bleeding? I've never trimmed, so I'm new at this too.

Thanks,

Paula:)

No, they don't usually bleed any. You have to pluck hard and fast or it is more uncomfy for them, like easier to rip off a bandaid than to peel it slowly. I dont have to even think of doing this to anyone except the Blue Orpingtons.

Quote:
to increase fertility, some breeds like cochins have so much feathers around their vents they can't really hit the right spot, that's the price you pay when you have those gorgeous rumps

Quote:
to increase fertility, some breeds like cochins have so much feathers around their vents they can't really hit the right spot, that's the price you pay when you have those gorgeous rumps

yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom