fluid filled buldge

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tiffanyhurd, Aug 15, 2011.

1. tiffanyhurd

tiffanyhurd Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    I just went out to look on my 1 month old Silkie. I was rubbing her chest and noticed it felt squshie, so I looked closer andd she has a quarter sized area on her chest that almost looks like a water balloon. Has anyone else had this before, this is my first time with chickens and my first experience with something being unusual. She didn't try to get away while I was touching it so pretty sure it doesn't hurt. Any information would be wonderful.

2. MKingsolver

MKingsolver Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2011
    Rainy Western WA
    Just curious, is it on the right side of her chest? If it is then it's her crop, nothing to worry about [​IMG]

3. tiffanyhurd

tiffanyhurd Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    Thank you so much! I had never heard of that before so I looked it up and I do believe that is what it is!! [​IMG]

4. MKingsolver

Jun 10, 2011
    Rainy Western WA
    Good to hear! When I was new to owning chickens and first felt that fluid filled bump I thought OH NO! I brought the chick over to my husband who is also new to chickens but not to exotic birds and I got "the look" [​IMG] and was told it was her crop. LOL

5. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] Cute story.

6. MKingsolver

Jun 10, 2011
    Rainy Western WA
    Quote:[​IMG] Cute story.

Haha! Thanks! It was pretty hilarious and I was SO certain that something was wrong [​IMG]

7. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Possibly sour crop, how big is it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by