Foamy, almost white poop?

Atchurch

Songster
Mar 13, 2023
My rooster is pooping thick, foamy whitish-yellowish stuff.

So I have questions.
1. Is corrid going to fix that?
2. Been giving a small waterer with nutri-drench every day because one of the hens was laying eggs with super thin shells. So is that possibly causing it for the boy?
3. Could I mix the corrid in the same water with those vitamins?
4. Should I just stop the daily vitamins for a while?

Y'all are WAY better at this than most youtubers. Lol.

Please post photos of him and the poop.

How old is he?
What do you feed, including treats?

If you're having issues with thin shells, provide oyster shells free choice for your flock. If you know which pullet/hen is having issue, then provide her with Extra Calcium for a week to help firm up the shells. While PND is great to have on hand to give a quick burst of energy to sick chick(en), it doesn't contain enough calcium to be effective as a treatment for soft/thin shells.

Vitamins should only be given for a few days to offer supportive care.

IF he's got Coccidiosis, then Amprolium (Corid) can be an effective treatment.

Getting a fecal float can tell you whether you need to treat for Coccidiosis, worms, etc.

If you choose to treat with Corid - here's the dosing.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

Please post photos of him and the poop.

How old is he?
What do you feed, including treats?

If you're having issues with thin shells, provide oyster shells free choice for your flock. If you know which pullet/hen is having issue, then provide her with Extra Calcium for a week to help firm up the shells. While PND is great to have on hand to give a quick burst of energy to sick chick(en), it doesn't contain enough calcium to be effective as a treatment for soft/thin shells.

Vitamins should only be given for a few days to offer supportive care.

IF he's got Coccidiosis, then Amprolium (Corid) can be an effective treatment.

Getting a fecal float can tell you whether you need to treat for Coccidiosis, worms, etc.

If you choose to treat with Corid - here's the dosing.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.
Sorry. I forget that y'all need pics and my oyster shell and nutri drench thing was on another thread. They have free access to the oyster shells and gave the nutri drench for about 5 or 6 days then stopped yesterday. We're on the road right now so I can't take pics. Plus, I raked out the run so that specimen is gone. He is a 13 week old, healthy and happy RIR. Absolutely nothing seems wrong but his poop looked just like that foam insulator stuff after it dries. Even the same color. I have a few pics of him from a few weeks ago, but he's much bigger now and is getting his sickle feathers now. He started crowing for the first time on Friday. He's far left in the pic.

Attachments

• 20230604_202246.jpg
    20230604_202246.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 8
Well, I think my boy was either getting too many extra vitamins or else he could've been stressed because of the recent storms. He has always acted normal and that was the only time his poopies were weird. I sit with them as much as I'm able and observe EVERYTHING. He just was going through something. But I am going to give them the nutri drench maybe once a week just to be sure the girls get enough D3 for good shells but not overdo it.

Back
Top Bottom