1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Foamy eye?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by flapjackfarm, Apr 20, 2016.

1. flapjackfarm

flapjackfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

What have you all used to treat foamy eye? My 6-7 week old Pekin has a few bubbles in their eye. I noticed them yesterday, so I stared putting VetRx drops in a tub of water, as well as a solution of goldenseal root and water drops in the eyes. His/her eyes have been slightly droopy for a few weeks now and I was using the same products for a few days until I thought I was just being paranoid since nothing was changing. I noticed the bubbles pop up yesterday.

Any tips? Someone suggested vitamins with electrolytes; I will likely get some of those, as well.

2. DucksAndGardens

DucksAndGardens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    I've been using Vetericyn pink eye spray, Vet RX, and Duramycin-10 treatment for my Pekin that has an eye infection. She had her whole eye covered in bubbles but now it's just a little bubbly in the corner. She's definitely getting better but you do need to treat it because it can get really bad and either can cause a respiratory infection or is signs of one.

3. flapjackfarm

flapjackfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for your response. I think I will try to get the duramycin-10 too. They've been getting the VetRx in their tub of water and the golden seal root drops.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by