font size for old eyes

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by wynedot55, Mar 30, 2007.

1. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    can someone tell me if you can adjust the font size here.my old eyes cant see the small print that good anymore.

2. Marion

Marion Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Wynedot55,
    If you look on Internet Explorer at the top you will see the word View, if you click that and select the option "Text Size" and choose a Larger size it might help... if you don't use Internet Explorer maybe someone else here can tell you where that particular adjustment can be found on other browsers. I hope this helps [​IMG]

3. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    well i looked for the word view an couldnt find it.but im running windows vista.so that maybe why i cant find it.plus i have yahoo an google toolbars.thanks for the help.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

For any webpage, you can hold down the control key on the keyboard(lower left hand corner w/ Ctrl on it), and use the scroll on the mouse to change the font size.

1) hold Ctrl on keyboard
    2) use scroll button on mouse (move up and down to adjust)

6. Marion

Marion Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Wynedot55,
    I am not familar with Vista but try this... go to START and PROGRAMS then find ACCESSORIES and then ACCESSIBILITY... if you click ACCESSIBILITY WIZARD it will walk you through some steps to enlarging what you see on your screen. IF Vista is like the other versions of Windows... I hope this helps [​IMG]

7. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I simply went to the top of the page and clicked on view,( next to favorites) and then clicked on text size and changed to largest.

Simple as can be.

bigzio

8. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Wow, I've been using computers for over half my life and never knew that -and it works!! Really neat, thanks for the tip. [​IMG]

9. Ms. Cluckingly

Ms. Cluckingly Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2009
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thank you ladies. Somehow I had managed to "zoom out". How I did that, I have NO idea. [​IMG] Thanks again, and thanks for the welcome! [​IMG]

10. Raisinghens

Raisinghens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2009
    Quote:Hi silkiechicken, I tried this and it works great ! I am not that good on a computer so help like yours is fantastic.Thank you.I will also try the other suggestions.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by