For all the parents out there....

Is 16 too young to date?

• Yes, no boyfriends til your out of college!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, not until your 18!

• Depends

• No, as long as I know who and there is guidlines.

• No, its old enough!

• Total voters
1stepcloser said:

Add me to the 16 is ready to experiment with dating group. Better you learn about the ups and downs now while parents are there to guide you than go buck wild when you hit 18. (I've seen it happen many times before.)

We've raised 2 daughters (one's 25 and one is 23 now)...and we looked at it the same way as 1stepcloser. ..but I think it would depend a lot on the maturity and responsibiliy level of the kids involved...​

I chose "No, as long as I know who and there is guidlines." Of course, that depends on the sixteen-year-old.

My youngest daughter is 16. She is pretty responsible, gets good grades, and we know most of her friends. Her boyfriend used to be our neighbor, before we moved out here to "West Egypt" a few years ago. We've known him, and his family, since DD and he were in first grade. She has also "dated" a couple of times before him, but nothing serious.

As long as DD's boyfriend treats her well, and is respectful of her and us, school comes first, and we don't see her grades suffering, we're fine with her dating. That said, we have an advantage in that neither of them has their drivers license, yet, he lives 30 minutes away, and doesn't go to her school, so there are parental controls on how often she gets to see him.

Bwahahaaaaaa!

most 16 year old kids will do what they want to anyway, just won't tell the parents about it if the parents say they're too young.

you just have to hope that they make good decisions which means you have to hope you have raised them right.

I say 16 is old enough with alot of supervision...
tongue2.gif

Soooo, tell us all about this "friend" you have...
pop.gif

Completely depends. A 16 year old girl dating a 16 or 17 year old boy... as in going a movie, dinner, high school football games, church events, etc. ... no problem. However, a 16 year old girl dating a 20 year old man... BIG PROBLEM. It all depends on the circumstances.

I am the WRONG person to ask... I was MARRIED at 15...

OH and STILL AM 10 years later...
tongue.gif
<~~~ To all the people who said we wouldn't last!

ddawn and I usually seem to not agree on anything but this time, I feel she is spot on. Look at history. In some time periods you were an "Old Maid" if you weren't married by 16, some by 14!

Now, I am a Mommy. My oldest is 9. Would I let him date at 16? Probably as he even NOW is an extremely level headed and responsible kid. Whatever young lady he chooses to date will be one lucky girl, he is JUST like his Daddy and his Daddy is a one in a million guy.
I also have a daughter who is 7, would I let her date at 16? If she continues to be the Lunar opposite of my son, then heck no! She'll need to wait till she's 18.
To me, it highly depends on the kid and it's all about keeping them safe in the end.

Quote:
15!!!
10638_smiley-signs053.gif

Is that even legal?
tongue.png

*just teasing you Jenna* ((hugs))

Last edited:
Quote:
see, this is where a lot of parents mess up. when you assume that you cant control what your child is doing, and start making exceptions here and there, you are giving them unnecessary control. if my child were to basically do what they wanted when i said no, i would come down on them like a ton of bricks until they learned that while under my roof, what i say is the law.

Back
Top Bottom