Force feeding chickens ?

😔 I'm so sorry. That shaking is what their bodies do when they are passing, so yes, it may have just been the moment, not what you were doing.

Let me know if you need info or support on doing a necropsy. I'm pretty sure there is info on here. Or you can just start a new thread saying "Need Help with Necropsy", and hopefully the right folks will see it.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Hopefully it will all be a memory soon.
I didn’t preform one thistime I was going to but I think too long passed in the fridge. After 3days she smelt , I assumed it would be ok as I rest them in fridge prepared longer but guess enzymes are at play inside

I’d love some info tho I have done one before ish found caviar eggs and assumed it cancer till I googled it lol

But I will do next time and any info would be more than welcome

Marek's is usually clinically present in terms of partial paralysis of legs, with skin lesions and some level of eye involvement. An important thing you mentioned in earlier thread was abnormalities of legs. This is where we start to think valgus or varus. We might also think of general deficiencies in choline, biotin, pyridoxine, folic acid--or any pathogenic antagonist of these vitamins. Even certain contaminants in air or soil, and substances like DMAE, if absorbed, can inhibit choline absorption and mimic Valgus and would distort legs. DMAE is used to cure polyurethane and epoxy resins and, hence, these substances in the chicken environment can cause problems.

I didn’t preform one thistime I was going to but I think too long passed in the fridge. After 3days she smelt , I assumed it would be ok as I rest them in fridge prepared longer but guess enzymes are at play inside

I’d love some info tho I have done one before ish found caviar eggs and assumed it cancer till I googled it lol

But I will do next time and any info would be more than welcome
People do home necropsies, but it's true that you'd have to research a bunch to know what to look for. There is lots of info on here, and you can probably find someone who would be willing to answer any questions. I would start by typing in necropsy in a search on here. Some of the photos are intense, just to warn you.

Back
Top Bottom