Forcibly hatched baby need help

There still alive and whatever the thing is, is way small and now looks like a umbilical cable kinda.

Attachments

• IMG_20230607_122707_696.jpg
    IMG_20230607_122707_696.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 4
When the chick does fully absorb the yolk it may start to become more active. I would keep some eggs and some sort of electrolytes on hand like Pedialyte if it seems like it needs a pick-me-up. I mix an egg yolk with about a tablespoon of the electrolyte drink. Then I dab a q tip in the electrolyte mix and touch it to the side of the chick's beak, avoiding the nostrils. Usually the chick will do a nibbling motion and eat a little of the liquid on its own. I prefer to not forcefeed by opening the beak unless absolutely necessary.

When the chick does fully absorb the yolk it may start to become more active. I would keep some eggs and some sort of electrolytes on hand like Pedialyte if it seems like it needs a pick-me-up. I mix an egg yolk with about a tablespoon of the electrolyte drink. Then I dab a q tip in the electrolyte mix and touch it to the side of the chick's beak, avoiding the nostrils. Usually the chick will do a nibbling motion and eat a little of the liquid on its own. I prefer to not forcefeed by opening the beak unless absolutely necessary.
It died an hour ago. Flystrike. I now have another baby that was piping and the egg had a bunch of baby maggots. I broke the shell and got it out and have removed as many as I could. 1 was in its mouth I couldn't get and another in its nose.

It died an hour ago. Flystrike. I now have another baby that was piping and the egg had a bunch of baby maggots. I broke the shell and got it out and have removed as many as I could. 1 was in its mouth I couldn't get and another in its nose.
Is there any way to safely protect them from more flies? I brood my chicks inside because I never have broodies, so I've never had this issue with chicks. Can you bring them in, or hang a sheet over the open windows?

Back
Top Bottom