Found a Kitten - Unsure of Age & Need Advice

We found a kitten a few years ago. We were unsure of age. It also wouldn't eat or drink. I bought milk replacer and a feeding kit. At first I couldn't get it to drink with a bottle. I ended up using a dropper, but a child's medicine syringe worked the best. We discovered maggots on its rear end. We took it to the vet. When I took it for a follow up visit, all the workers were exclaiming "Oh this is Mittens, the Kitten!" I didn't realize what bad shape she was in when we took her to the vet the first time. The workers were amazed to see her doing so well! I questioned one of the workers who told me that Mittens was in a very critical situation and wouldn't have lasted much longer if we hadn't brought her in. Mittens went to live on a farm in Northern Michigan. Her rough start didn't set her back too much. She raised several healthy litters of kittens on that farm although she was always rather skittish around people. (Is that how she escaped falling prey to the coyotes who were eating most of the farm's other cats?)

We found a kitten a few years ago. We were unsure of age. It also wouldn't eat or drink. I bought milk replacer and a feeding kit. At first I couldn't get it to drink with a bottle. I ended up using a dropper, but a child's medicine syringe worked the best. We discovered maggots on its rear end. We took it to the vet. When I took it for a follow up visit, all the workers were exclaiming "Oh this is Mittens, the Kitten!" I didn't realize what bad shape she was in when we took her to the vet the first time. The workers were amazed to see her doing so well! I questioned one of the workers who told me that Mittens was in a very critical situation and wouldn't have lasted much longer if we hadn't brought her in. Mittens went to live on a farm in Northern Michigan. Her rough start didn't set her back too much. She raised several healthy litters of kittens on that farm although she was always rather skittish around people. (Is that how she escaped falling prey to the coyotes who were eating most of the farm's other cats?)
I'm so glad you were able to save it! I will go get some KMR and see if I can get it to drink some.

Hi everyone, I found a little orange kitten in the bushes last night. It seems healthy enough, but it's not interested in eating or drinking, and it has not pooped or peed. Its current weight is 827 grams (1.8 pounds), it has canines, and the pre-molars look like they are coming in.

How old do you all think it is? And should I worry about it not eating/drinking/pooping/peeing?

Thanks for asking! Kitty is eating drinking, pooping, & peeing. :wee
Good to hear the little Kitty is doing well now Kathy! It sure is very sweet :love Do you have a name yet?

Back
Top Bottom