Found Goose - No Idea What To Do

I put my geese away every night, just like @Goosebaby suggests. We're on a schedule that they comply with willingly due to food/treat rewards. I really hope you keep that bird. You've really got a special one if you can pet it. My special bird is no longer with me due to gander on gander fighting. Have someone help you vent sex it or do a DNA test and get it a mate. My birds are the cutest pair and they really need another to "watch out" when preening, eating and sleeping. I wish you the best of luck and will look for updates.
We are going to keep Goose! :) I have been in contact with local sanctuaries in NJ and PA; and have joined a local farmer's auction to find a friend. We will build a goose house for them on our property. Can't believe that this random goose fell into our laps and hanging out with her is the highlight of my day. Really makes the house feel more like a home!

I’m so sorry you lost your sweet gander.

With the amount of predators every where the best way to protect our geese etc is to have a secure place for them to sleep.
If you decide to keep your sweet goose and find out it's a she getting another female would work too but if you want goslings then a gander would be a better option.
We just lost our gander in Feb he was 14, his mate Missy has surely been grieving but she has now settled in with the Runners and Buffs and I believe she is past the grief. They are def very special birds. Intelligent also.
I'm so sorry about the loss of your gander. I'm happy to hear Missy is finding some comfort with her other friends.

Thanks for all of the information. What a community!

With the amount of predators every where the best way to protect our geese etc is to have a secure place for them to sleep.
If you decide to keep your sweet goose and find out it's a she getting another female would work too but if you want goslings then a gander would be a better option.
We just lost our gander in Feb he was 14, his mate Missy has surely been grieving but she has now settled in with the Runners and Buffs and I believe she is past the grief. They are def very special birds. Intelligent also.

Geese are very anxious on their own so another’s goose is necesary as a friend. It can be the same or on-site gender as them.

They will need some kind of shelter to keep them out of the elements when wither comes, a roofed dog kennel works well.

What has she been eating?

Back
Top Bottom