Found these... so cute! Egg totes!

Wow, these are really awesome! You're just making these things super fast. Did you think of sewing additional pockets along the sides above the bottom to provide extra egg space for those who have a lot of hens, so they don't have to make multiple trips or carry two bags? As long as the pockets are well sewn on, relatively deep (perhaps 4'', so that even larger eggs will fit well without risk of falling) and the bag isn't dropped there would be no chance of the eggs falling onto the lower 'tier'. You could actually make a series of pockets all around the entire inside by cutting a strip of fabric 5 inches wide by the interior circumference of your bag plus 1-1.5 inches and sewing it around the interior of the bag perhaps 1 inch above the top of the bottom dividers, sewing along the bottom with a secure stitch, and then divide it into appropriately sized pockets by just stitching vertically along the fabric to create pockets. Depending on the size of the bag, you could potentially add a great deal more egg-space than in the ones with storage only along the bottom. Waste not want not as far as space goes, yes?
big_smile.png

Just my two cents, and if you do it, I'd be super excited to see it! I'm loving these bags as it is, they're very polished and professional looking. Fantastic job!

Here is the final product for the 6 egg bag.
29708_eg_001.jpg

29708_eg_002.jpg

The bottom is reinforced with cardboard, interfacing has been added for a stiffer structure.

Quote:
I absolutely love these!! Totally agree much better than my pocket...have had a few too many broken ones! Please, please, please keep me posted on if you decide to sell them! I'll be first in line!!!
love.gif

Well it has been snowny and cold here,bored out of my mind i came up with this egg tote.The center comes out for easy laundry,6 pockets.I still have to put on straps.
37126_bag_egg_015.jpg
37126_bag_egg_018.jpg
37126_bag_egg_019.jpg
37126_bag_egg_016.jpg

Back
Top Bottom