Found this little guy on the side of highway :(

I have a feeling someone just didn’t want her any longer. Bless her heart. Just beware if this does turn out to be a gander your going to have your hands full of testosterone. He’ll be wanting to mate with you so I’d def be looking for a friend as soon as you know sex of this one.

Thinking the same thing.

Someone has to be looking for it.

If it was mine I would be sick with worry.

Please do check with your humane society, feed stores and farm stores at least.

It could have been let out by accident....a gate not latched correctly....a horse or goat knocking fencing down....a predator that broke in and this one got away....a kid tending the animals etc.
Yes I did today and I posted it on Facebook so all my friends and family could share it and nothing still. I went to tractor supply and another local hardware store that sells poultry and didn’t see anything even asked.

I have a feeling someone just didn’t want her any longer. Bless her heart. Just beware if this does turn out to be a gander your going to have your hands full of testosterone. He’ll be wanting to mate with you so I’d def be looking for a friend as soon as you know sex of this one.
What I’m thinking :( he/she had loaf of bread left with it.. so sad

I've seen it so many times.... people get buzzed to hatch their own poultry, whether it is chickens, ducks or geese. They hand-hatch and raise them like babies, but once they get to either 8-12 weeks, or find themselves overwhelmed the following spring, the love affair is over. People have limited options and dumping animals of all kinds is a popular solution for a lot of people.

My most friendly bird is a muscovy drake that was dumped at a local park.

Thank you for stopping and saving the poor thing.

Cute and sweet goose. Have you checked anywhere to see if someone is missing it? In my limited experience, geese are not so people friendly naturally. Someone must have put time and love into taming it.
Yup, that lil' goose has been handled .. a LOT. My guess is that someone's "Easter duckling" surprised them and got waaaaaay bigger than expected. It's the best argument in the world for not giving animals as "gifts." If you do advertise, be sure to ask for pictures as proof of ownership. Any goose that people-oriented will have family pictures, somewhere. You'll want to be sure someone isn't looking for a free Christmas dinner. Then again, maybe s/he heard "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat ..." on the radio. That would be a really good reason to head for the hills! :)

O. M. G.!!! :th This is the best thing I've ever seen in my life!! I am so jealous right now!! Thank you for taking in this baby!! I think Lucky is a perfect name!! How much mischief has she made so far? :gig Welcome to the club!!

Thank you :) she’s doing great so far she has slept in the middle of the yard today for most of her time. I let her come inside this morning for little bit. I put her in her pool to show her that’s where she goes to bathe and she did for about 20 mins and then sat in the sun for the rest of the day ❤️ she is still so scared but is coming around to my chickens/dog. My chickens are free ranged during the day (we have a fenced in back yard) so she’s been slowly trying to follow them. At night we have a chicken run/coop my girls go up in the coop and I close them up every night the goose goes in the enclosure part of the run with straw for bedding & food/water. I added a heat lamp today and she’s been laying under it since I put her up :) she’s going to settle in just fine but will take some time. I’m sure tbus is a lot for her :( but she’s in a loving home for sure! All my animals are beyond spoiled.

Attachments

• 8868CD2A-0AA9-4ED6-AD9D-F5D035500981.jpeg
    8868CD2A-0AA9-4ED6-AD9D-F5D035500981.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 19
  • 2641EB7A-9BA8-448D-8BEC-7A95CDA94369.jpeg
    2641EB7A-9BA8-448D-8BEC-7A95CDA94369.jpeg
    425.4 KB · Views: 18
She will get settled in no time! Now that you have a goose along with your chickens, you should consider switching to an all flock feed. I have a mixed flock of layers, chickens, ducks, and geese, everyone here is happy and healthy on the feed! Much easier on me than trying to keep them out of each other's food as well :rolleyes:
Keep us updated! :pop

Back
Top Bottom