Found under a friend's porch tonight....

Definitely naked neck. Large, black feet, no feathers on legs. Not sure about skin color, I'll check tonight when I lock up my others. I didn't know 5 toes or... ??... was an option
roll.png
, learning something new every day. I'll count toes too when I lockup. She is very friendly and has obviously been handled.

She was making a sound a little different from my girls, not sure if it's because of her breed or because she's in a new environment. My girls make a low gutteral sound when they are quiet and content. This girl was in the box & seemed to be content, but she made a higher pitched bird-like singing noise. Very pretty sound.

What is a NN?

Silkies, showgirls, faverolles, houdans, sultans, and dorkings(may have forgotten 1 or 2) have 5 toes. They have a double dewclaw, sometimes they are separate, sometimes it looks like a Y, and some times its a toe with 2 toenails. Sometimes you can even get 6 toes (3 dewclaws)
You can see the 5 toes in these pics from Feathersite.com
Houdan chicks
72239_houdanschiks3wks.jpeg

Showgirl hen (silkied feathers are resessive, so that's why I said she might be half)
72239_buffshowgirl4.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep that is a Turken, I love them because they are so ugly. Good breed that survives the head really well. And they easier to pluck than other chickens. You lucked out with a pullet hopefully, huh I wonder is she escaped from somewhere or was dumped. Because they are a bit rarer than other chickens, not many people have them as much others.

Back
Top Bottom