Fowl pox or?

It's possible she could have worms, though the poop is usually more foamy.
So after examining her again very closely it doesn't appear that her abdomen is swollen at all. In fact it seems normal, especially compared to my other hen. She's doing a bit better today and yesterday, eating more and moving around more and had more normal looking poops, but she's still rather lethargic and her appetite is decreased. I think it's possible she may have worms since I've never de-wormed them before and she has symptoms that match an overload of worms. I haven't seen any worms in their poop, but I'm going to go grab some Wazine and de-worm them.

Thanks for the help
smile.png

Update -

My bird (Wilma) recovered on her own. She's perfectly fine now, and in the end I didn't end up worming her or taking her to the vet. My theory is that i inadvertently fed them a bad batch of fermented food
sad.png
I gave them Rooster Booster vitamins in their water for about 3 days and some homemade kefir for good bacteria.
smile.png

Update -

My bird (Wilma) recovered on her own. She's perfectly fine now, and in the end I didn't end up worming her or taking her to the vet. My theory is that i inadvertently fed them a bad batch of fermented food
sad.png
I gave them Rooster Booster vitamins in their water for about 3 days and some homemade kefir for good bacteria.
smile.png

That's good news!

If the feed was bad, then that would most likely have been the cause. Glad you caught it, good job.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom