Flutterbudget

Songster
Sep 6, 2020
Hi all,

This morning unfortunately we had a fox visit the garden but due to hearing it and my partner darting out, the fox dropped my precious poppet and scarpered. (5am). She has a puncture wound above her right wing and to her tummy. She’s had a bath, I’ve cleaned the wounds with vetericyn and used colloidal silver and it is bandaged. She’s indoors and she pooped in the bath and has been doing all day up until the last hour and a half where she hasn’t pooped at all. She’s had a few meal worms, a bit of tomato and maybe a tiny bit of food. I don’t know if I’m stressing out over nothing or whether she should have had a bowel movement in this time period. Her precious bowel movements looked fine with no blood in or anything and she is more than happy to lay down. I have also given her some pain relief too. Just looking for someone to offer me some advice so I can calm my nerves. Thank you 🤍

Attachments

• IMG_2824.jpeg
    IMG_2824.jpeg
    465 KB · Views: 68
Well she’s just done a mega poop. I’m assuming it could be from the stress? She’s trying to peck at the open wound on her chest so I’ve had to wrap it. Anything else I can do for her?

Bump?!! Does this look a normal colour? She’s not eating as much due to the shock and therefore not pooping as much. She’s had some of her regular feed, mealworms and some sweetcorn.

Attachments

• IMG_2845.jpeg
    IMG_2845.jpeg
    405.7 KB · Views: 10
Hi! I know almost nothing about ducks, but let me see if I can find anyone to tag to get their attention. Hopefully we can get your girl sorted!

Make sure the wound does not get infected, I would spray it with Vetricyn and bandage it. don't bandage too tight or her rib cage will compress her lungs and she won't be able to breath

Make sure the wound does not get infected, I would spray it with Vetricyn and bandage it. don't bandage too tight or her rib cage will compress her lungs and she won't be able to breath
Have been doing this with vetericyn and colloidal silver. Wounds don’t seemed to be infected, they’re closing up and seem dry. I’m just concerned by the colour of her poop being such a mint/dark green. I know it can be because she’s not eating much. Her tail is also fanned/spread out at the moment but I don’t know if it’s due to stress as she laid an egg yesterday but not this morning. Thank you for your help, it’s much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom