Fox attack help!!!

That I don’t but I would do this for the rest of the day and evening
See how she is when cleaning the wounds
Each bird has a different time on how quickly they come out of shock
You can add Nutridrench or poultry cell to water ti give her a little boost
She may or may not want feed depending if she is in pain
You can add pics and this may help others help you
I’m also not sure if antibiotics is something you should put her on to avoid bacterial infection from the bites
@Miss Lydia
@casportpony
@ruthhope
Added photos! I've also given her some nutridrops in the water

View attachment 3545744View attachment 3545747View attachment 3545750View attachment 3545749
Here are the photos. I tried to get some which show the wounds but I didn't want to stress her out.
The puncture wounds are one/two on either side of her neck and the skin being removed is just a small area on her back and wings.

I have some metacam but it's for dogs. If this is okay to use how much would I give her?
Yes that’s what my vet gives me for my ducks
My girl was 4.5 pounds and was given 1.5 ml

Clean the wounds with a weak saline solution and put antibacterial ointment on them. Canine mouths have a lot of bacteria.

Do you have any electrolyte solution? There are homemade recipes if you don't. This will definitely help with shock.

Keep us posted, please! :hugs
Thanks so much. Do you reccon this vitamin stuff will be okay? And what about this antibacterial powder?
16870348507346981234121308499732.jpg
16870348002591573106868452885948.jpg

Yes, those should be good. Nutri-drench or other electrolyte solution is probably better than just plain vitamins though.

I concur with the Metacam, I have the same stuff too and use it for my ducks.
Awesome. I will let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed 🤞 I think she might be alright if she makes it through the night. She managed to lay and egg in the box a hour after the attack even though she was in shock x

Awesome. I will let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed 🤞 I think she might be alright if she makes it through the night. She managed to lay and egg in the box a hour after the attack even though she was in shock x
Last year, one of my ducks was seriously mauled by... something. Found her in the middle of the yard covered in blood. Lots of wounds to her face and neck, thinking it might have been a rat (she was sitting on eggs at the time).

With TLC and care of the wounds, she made a full recovery.

Last year, one of my ducks was seriously mauled by... something. Found her in the middle of the yard covered in blood. Lots of wounds to her face and neck, thinking it might have been a rat (she was sitting on eggs at the time).

With TLC and care of the wounds, she made a full recovery.
That's awesome! Il keep everyone updated and let you know how she is in the morning x

Back
Top Bottom